Request : List of games which have South African servers

kolaval

Expert Member
I miss Battlefield Hardline, I was a boss at that game, unfortunately nobody played it.
I must give BF4 a try again though I miss flying choppers.
BF4 was my favourite by far.
I don't think I played 2 hours of bf1 so never gave v a try

Hunter4L

As far as I am aware COD Warzone doesn't have SA servers.

I'm always linked to <200ms ping which I am assuming is Europe
No COD has SA servers, I got servers below 50ms, well when I have a bad connection then it puts me on 200ms servers

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
No COD has SA servers, I got servers below 50ms, well when I have a bad connection then it puts me on 200ms servers
Awesome, how did you join it? Was it matchmaking?

I have a 1Gbps line so I don't think my internet is to blame for it putting me in the 170-200Ms range

Hunter4L

I have a 1Gbps line so I don't think my internet is to blame for it putting me in the 170-200Ms range
I just choose normal matchmaking.
I sounds like you are being rerouted. Try using your phone usb thethering and see what latency you get, it might be something on your PC or your ISP

Zeus07

Lobby also shows me at 49 ping. Will use resource monitor tomorrow to check exactly where the server is and what the actual ping is while I'm playing. I'm on a 20Mb/s ADSL line. Best I can get where I am, unfortunately.

Zeus07

You are not alone, I want to play old school games again.
Quake 2
HL1
Even DOS games, coop or pvp
Is there a group for old LAN games
You should check out Gameranger. It's a LAN-over-Internet type program that allows many of those old games to be played multiplayer, with no need for the setting up of port forwarding on your router. Me & my cousin use it to play Red Alert 3. There's a lot of people that use gameranger so you could either play with people you know or let other users join your game lobby.

Gameranger supported games

Bobbin

Executive Member
Escape from Torkov
COD Warzone.
I've been enjoying EFT lately and so happy we have local servers. :)
Another one that might interest you guys is GTFO. Local host/lobby based, no need for servers.

StoneCold

Expert Member
You are not alone, I want to play old school games again.
Quake 2
HL1
Even DOS games, coop or pvp
Is there a group for old LAN games
I'm always up for playing some golden oldies, even hosting a few servers for them as well. Reinstalled HL1 and CS 1.5 again last week and ran around Stalkyard (HL1) map. Heck, makes me want to play some Opposing Force mp as well :D

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
I'm always up for playing some golden oldies, even hosting a few servers for them as well. Reinstalled HL1 and CS 1.5 again last week and ran around Stalkyard (HL1) map. Heck, makes me want to play some Opposing Force mp as well :D
Used to play Crossfire back in the day, and Warzone, IIRC. Think we jammed bounce as well. Epic times.

Sudo Panic

Good Day

I've been playing BF4 with decent ping of 20 -30
Would like to try something new. Does anybody have a list of online games which have South African servers.
Obviously the more players the better

Thanks
Tad bit lazy imho but meh.