Required to attend court for insurance claim

djiceman

Hi

Ive received a call from an attorney asking to attend a court case in which, my previous insurer is claiming back funds from the third party in car accident.

They did not provide any information on why my presence is required or if I have do to anything, apart from attending the court case.
Has anyone else been through this? Can you share some insights on whats likely to happen?

Thanks

eg2505

Honorary Master
what insurer is this?
and its probably to sit in the witness stand, just to confirm a few things under oath.

MickeyDangerez

In what capacity? Do you need to testify? Otherwise, I don't see why you should be there. This is just my uneducated opinion.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
If it has been 5 years. That case has lapsed. Poor soul just don't know their rights. It should be thrown out.

Wouldn't be surprised it's outsurance.
It only lapses in certain conditions hence your statement is invalidated

I terms of your policy contract you are bound to attend.

Just go and tell the truth and your version if asked.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Also check your (ex)policy - your expenses might be covered for attending.

MickeyDangerez

It only lapses in certain conditions hence your statement is invalidated

I terms of your policy contract you are bound to attend.

Just go and tell the truth and your version if asked.
I am talking about the perspective of the party being sued not the OP.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Also check your (ex)policy - your expenses might be covered for attending.
never seen that in any insurance policy,
but isn't that the case with subpoenas? all expenses (hotel, car hire ect ) covered?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
If it has been 5 years. That case has lapsed. Poor soul just don't know their rights. It should be thrown out.

Wouldn't be surprised it's outsurance.

Talking about prescription? That just happens if nothing happens for 3 years. This process could easily have been going on for 5 years with no 3 years break in communications and processes.

umamankandla

Talking about prescription? That just happens if nothing happens for 3 years. This process could easily have been going on for 5 years with no 3 years break in communications and processes.
This guy seems like a Mr Goodie two shoes. Clearly haven't landed himself in court yet...

*Winks really hard again to make it clear this is a super bad attempt at a joke, awkwardly gets dust in the eye at the same time*

MickeyDangerez

It could be, that is why I mentioned it. Yes, correct terminology is prescribed.