Resistance ‘will not retard reform'

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I wonder if their authority also allows them to revoke licenses and if so under what circumstances? Imagine the chaos. Would make telkoms threat to stop proving adsl laughable.

krycor

Honorary Master
man that would be really funny.. they pull the plug and loose the license completely along with all the infrastructure.

stoke

Honorary Master
<Q>Where markets fail, government will not hesitate to intervene, said deputy communications minister Roy Padayachie.</Q>

Oh really.

You're either openly admitting to the governmint's undying support of teklom's success,

or

You're saying that the governmint wont allow market success and when it [market] fails, the governmint will step in and take action to ensure that governmint makes more profit.

I am beginning to see the wolf in Padayachie's heart. :mad:

doobiwan

Executive Member
I think you're being a bit negative. I think his intention is to say that if they open the markets and the players don't come to the party (Like the current Cell market) then the DoC will intervene to force competition or price reductions.

Slooth

Expert Member
The goverment is already "involved" in a monopoly market that has failed. I think they should rather step out, then step in.

Shadow Dragon

I think the threats they talk about is lower prices and a so called "loss of revenue" for telkom. what ever they are smoking stay away i bet it rots your brain