Respond to our demands or we vandalise property, workers tell ANC

schumi

Honorary Master
Johannesburg – Hundreds Community Work Programme (CPW) workers returned to the ANC headquarters on Monday demanding answers after they submitted their memorandum of grievances to a month ago.

Known for marching with a brass band, the workers- clad in their orange overalls- blockaded Pixley Seme Street between Pritchard and President Streets.

Velaphi Ndaba from Ekurhuleni region said the workers have lost patience as they have not received any response after they submitted their memorandum on August, 12.

“We are not here to hand over a memorandum, we are here to seek answers,” Ndaba added.

Region F representative Simphiwe Hlahla said the party must utilise its powers to empower the CWP workers.

“The party failed to give us a simple answer, all we wanted was a simple yes or no,” Hlahla added.

“This is the last time we come here in peace, when we come here again we will vandalise. We will start at the Corporate Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta) offices because it is the language they understand,” he said.

During the previous demonstration, the workers handed a memorandum demanding that their stipend be increased from R780 to at least R1000 a month.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/the-star/news/respond-to-our-demands-or-we-vandalise-property-workers-tell-anc-33066449

Urist

Expert Member
Well... that's blatant extortion isn't it? Why haven't they been arrested? It's thr exact same thing the italian mafia does to private businesses, but here they do it to the government because the government is weak.
Promise them a Marikana 2.0, and carry it through against those that choose to march to their death. Treat violence with violence... easy as that.

Last edited:

koogs

In practice I don't condone it, but it would be nice if they loot Luthuli house or even wherever Chancellor House's offices are.
Chancellor House offices are in Sandton quite close to the Sasol building. I did an audit there about 2 years ago.

Very plush offices and staff get a catered lunch every day supplied by an outside caterer.

lowriderza

Expert Member
Chancellor House offices are in Sandton quite close to the Sasol building. I did an audit there about 2 years ago.

Very plush offices and staff get a catered lunch every day supplied by an outside caterer.
Did they pass their audit? ;)

RaptorSA

Expert Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again. We're a few Marikanas behind.
The short and sweet peace & quiet following Marikana was pure bliss.
It's the only way these people learn.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sadly, they do have a point. The government only responds when there is hatred, violence or destruction. It is the only language they understand. They are the architects of these unfortunate conditions and criminal society.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Ah nice, vandalism, violence, destruction. Another sunny day in South Africa.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Sadly, they do have a point. The government only responds when there is hatred, violence or destruction. It is the only language they understand. They are the architects of these unfortunate conditions and criminal society.
This is unfortunately the truth. Make a promise you can deliver on and in time or don't make promises.

koogs

Did they pass their audit? ;)
I was doing an audit of just one aspect of their financial statements which I raised numerous issues which were not properly addressed by their management.

Was dealing with an office manager who didnt really know much of what was going on there. Interestingly her salary was R50K p/m and her qualification was a secretarial course.......

konfab

Honorary Master
I was doing an audit of just one aspect of their financial statements which I raised numerous issues which were not properly addressed by their management.

Was dealing with an office manager who didnt really know much of what was going on there. Interestingly her salary was R50K p/m and her qualification was a secretarial course.......
I am shocked

Acid0

Expert Member
The only issue is normally the law abiding citizen bears the brunt from the violence

Hemps

Executive Member
The only issue is normally the law abiding citizen bears the brunt from the violence
This, it's usually the people who have no involvement in this that suffer, same when they throw stones at my car during their riots. Find out where these ANC cunts live and go to their homes, make them suffer not people with no involvement whatsoever.
But they know if they do that it the police or security surrounding these cadres will blixem them.