Restaurant customer shot dead trying to protect waitress during armed robbery

schumi

Honorary Master
Mthatha - A customer at a restaurant in Mthatha was shot dead on Friday night when he tried to protect a waitress during an armed robbery, after which other customers overpowered, disarmed, and detained the robber, the South African Police Service (SAPS) in the Eastern Cape said.

A 25-year-old man faced charges of business robbery and murder after three unknown gunmen stormed into a restaurant at the Savoy complex in Mthatha at about 9pm, Brigadier Thembinkosi Kinana said in a statement on Saturday.

It was alleged that the suspects approached the cashier's desk and pointed firearms at the staff, and "all the employees took cover in the restaurant". One of the suspects followed a waitress to a table where a 49-year-old customer was seated and pointed the firearm at the waitress.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/eastern-cape/restaurant-customer-shot-dead-trying-to-protect-waitress-during-armed-robbery-35991156

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
What was the original name of Mthatha? Not sure where this place is..

Daruk

Honorary Master
What was the original name of Mthatha? Not sure where this place is..
Nooooo hahahaha.
I guess if you weren't an Eastern Cape boytjie you could be forgiven for that. Was the capital of Transkei. Kaiser Matanzima's stomping ground. The other homeland, Ciskei, was run by Lennox Cebe.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Nooooo hahahaha.
I guess if you weren't an Eastern Cape boytjie you could be forgiven for that. Was the capital of Transkei. Kaiser Matanzima's stomping ground. The other homeland, Ciskei, was run by Lennox Cebe.
Lennox Sebe.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Torture this fvckers till all info retrieved and then let him slip in the shower..........

Reactions: ES1

OCP

Expert Member
STUPID customer
You do NOT play around with CRAZIES ( on short fuzes ) that have guns
Just SHOOT FIRST and be done with it ........
It's called flight or fight.

People are wired different so easy to be a keyboard warrior and judge without being there yourself.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
It's called flight or fight.
People are wired different so easy to be a keyboard warrior and judge without being there yourself.
NO
It IS called -- trying to be a [STUPID] HERO !

When was the last time you had a gun in your face and an OKAPI knife at your chest ?

OCP

Expert Member
NO
It IS called -- trying to be a [STUPID] HERO !

When was the last time you had a gun in your face and an OKAPI knife at your chest ?
Both have happened (45. in my face by a taxi driver who disagreed with me when i told him he was blocking traffic when he stopped IN a circle and was held up at knife point whilst unloading a vehicle) and I am still here to respond to your post.
I know I got lucky but training and the right mindset saved my life (and loved ones) on both occasions.

What you fail to comprehend is that what you see as stupidity is simply how someone people's brain work.
Have a look at rape statistics and tell me of those woman who fight back, how many of them are still raped?

Before calling people stupid - realize that it is/was their choice to stand up for themselves and others.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Don't go calling other people stupid when you are too stupid to understand what fight or flight response is.
I understand EXACTLY what it is
The "Hero" was NOT himself directly threatened
He CHOSE to place himself in harms way BIG difference.

There is NO direct evidence that the perp WAS going to shoot the victim in question.

Fair enough we are told that it was HIS choice
He knew the dangers and chose to follow a path -- INTO danger
Whatever happened AFTER that choice was of his OWN making.
Therefore lets not feel sorry for the guy he did what he wanted to -- he must accept the consequences.