Restaurant customer shot dead trying to protect waitress during armed robbery

schumi

Honorary Master
Hero dad killed while trying to protect waitress

Durban - MINUTES after writing her first matric paper, Shannon Govender phoned her father to tell him it had gone well. Little did she realise it would be her last conversation with him. Ivan Govender, 48, a businessman from Mthatha, was shot in the chest while protecting a waitress during an armed robbery at a restaurant in Savoy Mall.

The suspect, Mzukisi Magwashu, was apprehended by other patrons and disarmed before being handed over to the police. Magwashu, 29, was charged with murder and robbery
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/thepost/community-news/hero-dad-killed-while-trying-to-protect-waitress-36869576

Sollie

Expert Member
NO
It IS called -- trying to be a [STUPID] HERO !

When was the last time you had a gun in your face and an OKAPI knife at your chest ?
Part and parcel of being South African. I hear there are nice safe spots in Wellington, NZ. :rolleyes:

Mar Vin

anyway....sad...
I will never understand why folk do this. She was going to be fine....This would have been a robbery and klaar.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
The alphabet taught to them by The Moors?
Lingua franca , an amalgam of languages , guess the colonists were taught all their other aspects by the colourful tribes of the world .
Wonder who was the more advanced tribe in this whole thing .....

Jabulani22

Expert Member
So they taught them how to speak their language as well?
I have no doubt a pre-language existed but actual documented historical evidence suggests that any form of recording their history would be more akin to playing a 300 year long game of broken telephone.

surface

Executive Member
I have no doubt a pre-language existed but actual documented historical evidence suggests that any form of recording their history would be more akin to playing a 300 year long game of broken telephone.
It looks like koos from tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein is back to claim all inventions by white scientists as his own now.

Sollie

Expert Member
It looks like koos from tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein is back to claim all inventions by white scientists as his own now.
What is your perpetual case with Koos from tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein?

Kom jy van garamfoonwatvasgehakhetfontein neef? Of vanaf Weggeholvirproblemeenhulsaamgebringfontein?

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Or .......
Recorded history shows some people invent more than others and what they didnt invent they improve , also the wheel and written language , this is a yardstick that can be used to compare the advancement of nations.
Ofcourse i could have just replied "it looks like another historical apologist has shown up from the town previously known as mboxbinamibi but renamed to Oronaaia then decolonised to mbathabatititi" but that would be as productive as never having done anything at all wouldnt it ?