Restrictions On The Unvaccinated

neoprema

Executive Member
Wow so many anti vaxxers on this thread. Don’t you peeps have a YouTube video to go watch or a change of tinfoil due on your head :cool:

Brian_G

Executive Member
Wow so many anti vaxxers on this thread. Don’t you peeps have a YouTube video to go watch or a change of tinfoil due on your head :cool:
Don't be so nervous, it is the truth you're after, right?

Brian_G

Executive Member
How about a link to some evidence, so we can consider if this is likely to be true or not?
Did have time this morning but no luck, maybe someone else will be able to help.

In the meantime... turns out that there were related issues going on way before that period, I think you'll find this interesting food for thought.
Note that a fact check on thenation.com tells me that their only sin of note is that if anything they're too Leftist biased :D

The report particularly singles out the CDC's and WHO's abusive roles in the scandal.

Nuke

That was a question for him. If he had questions he could ask. It's not as though I can nor want to manipulate him into that. If he says, it can't be done, no problem.
You have asked the same question in another thread to everyone that is not going to take the vaccine, and I thought to add more thoughts here, instead of finding it and going back 50 pages there....
Yes. We've never had such hospital service closures, repurposing of departments for COVID care, and so many employees put at risk. Effectively the health care system has been disrupted significantly and that means a lot of lives have been put in danger, patient and staff. Add to that all the lockdowns and secondary costs of foreign lockdowns. Yes, it has a large direct and indirect burden and vaccines help prevent that significantly.
For interest sake, what is your background? Are you in healthcare?

So to give you an idea, I don't care about any of that. I would have preferred that they keep everything open, let the virus run its cause. Make provisions for those that want to wear masks and work from home, to be able to do so.
I find the economy, as a system, and personal freedom more important that keeping every last human breathing.

That is a very arbitrary and dogmatic statement. Of course one can. I often do convince people in real life, they ask questions, I answer and provide data and they often enough say, yes and they get vaccinated.
Someone who is on the fence and ask you to clarify some technical points, then go get the shot after you explained to them how its works, is someone that is already open to the idea. Most people have a stance already, based on what they want, and just use whatever data to support their view. Party to justify their decision in their own eyes as well, people want to be seen as rational after all. That goes for both side of the argument.

Brian_G

Executive Member
Was a good thread. Went west.

There is no option for growth if there's no willingness to consider alternative insights that may be of worth.

At the same time it's a predominantly atheist & popular-thinking forum so keep it at least science-based. Next time...

Bye

scudsucker

Executive Member
This type of thing did not only occur over the last few years,
I suspect you are incorrect.

No, on second reading, you are completely incorrect and shilling for an insane conspiracy theory.

Nonetheless, to anyone else, this Twitter thread may be interesting. Note: it is a Twitter thread. There is not a lot of corroborative evidence, so take it with a pinch of salt.

More than *just* a few years.

Last edited:

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
It looks we have a standoff...

-Vaccers go mad, party, jol, go overseas....Ligit Passport...come back with new variants and now they turn a risk to the antivaccers and themselves.

-Antivaccers stay at home, use masks, keep distance, not allowed to party & jol.

Can medical science clear up this standoff in 5 years-?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
It looks we have a standoff...

-Vaccers go mad, party, jol, go overseas....Ligit Passport...come back with new variants and now they turn a risk to the antivaccers and themselves.

-Antivaccers stay at home, use masks, keep distance, not allowed to party & jol.

Can medical science clear up this standoff in 5 years-?

Aren't most antivaxxers also antimaskers and anti all the other things?

RiaX

Expert Member
You can always be free in a random bush :) ... sign up for a Mars mission maybe.

There's no such thing as absolute freedom in a modern society. You want to live in a modern civilisation you will have to obey the rules of that civilisation. I can drive like a champ but I still have to obey the speed limit.

Your freedom cannot infringe on the rights of others. So anti-vaxxers why shouldnt society protect its elderly ? its workers ? for you to be stubborn about something you barely understand.

The problem with anti-vax and flat earthers and the lot is that you guys already believe in an answer and you trying to bend the science to fit your answer. Science leads to an answer, the answer may change over time as more science is conducted BUT when you already think you have an absolute answer you not doing any science.

The problem lies with education. In school you are taught to win your argument in a debate you not taught to find the truth. This is a problem both sides have.

As covid changes so to will our strategies to combat it. As it stands you have 1 defense - the vaccine. You may have had mild covid and think its not so bad but how many times you think you can survive covid ? how many strains you think your body can take before a nurse gives you sedatives so your Dr can vent you ?

Dont play with this virus you have one life there are no take backs or redos.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
BUT when you already think you have an absolute answer you not doing any science.
And the above applies equally to those that have absolute faith in the vaccines.
I have been punting this nonsense of making absolute statements for many many weeks, precisely because it is not ever correct. There is always more to be learnt and found out.

The current belief is that vaccines are the only weapon we have. But it is not so. There are other measures that DO NOT require LDs etc.

Protect the vulnerable, quarantine the maybe sick are the normal way of tackling an epidemic, sadly neglected in many instances.

And, speed up the process to find a suitable treatment and prophylactic are others. Both of these have been sadly neglected while the entire World was pushed into believing the vaccines would be the silver bullet.

Last edited:

JohnMao

Executive Member
And the above applies equally to those that have absolute faith in the vaccines.
I have been punting this nonsense of making absolute statements for many many weeks, precisely because it is not ever correct. There is always more to be learnt and found out.
You help people get the vaccines...how ironic! Doing something IRL you are against here.

RiaX

Expert Member
The prophylaxis is the vaccine. You cannot quarantine the entire world now its too late.

Proper treatments like antivirals are not ready yet.

tetrasect

Expert Member
:thumbsup:
Stats 101! But actually nothing more than basic common sense.

Seems to be lacking just about everywhere :rolleyes::unsure:

WOW. You talk about basic common sense? Well if you had any, you would immediately realize that "the more vaccinated the less breakthrough cases" means per vaccinated person.