Retina iPad Display Hacked Into PC Monitor

kilobits

Executive Member
Look at what this brave braniac managed to accomplish !

Connecting an iPad retina LCD to a PC

This project was born at the Warsaw Hackerspace, it was funded by my friend Spin, who wanted to use the display in a project of his.

In short, I've managed to drive the iPad retina display at maximum resolution from a regular PC with DisplayPort, no additional electronics required!

This is just a prototype, I'm working on a professional PCB with a DP connector so no wire splicing will be required in the future. :)

View attachment 48124

View attachment 48126
Full story here... http://emerythacks.blogspot.co.il/2013/04/connecting-ipad-retina-lcd-to-pc.html

Last edited:

RoganDawes

Expert Member
I wonder how feasible it is to do that with a retina display from a macbook pro. Can be had for a couple hundred dollars on alibaba.

F

Fudzy

And what does he use to demo it? Transport Tycoon. I WISH that game would come to iPad.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
I can see a mod of one of these screens onto the side of a chassis for an ultraportable high-res gaming setup. That would be sweet.

krycor

Honorary Master
Imagine you could package this and carry around like an extra screen.. or maybe find a way to link notebook to ipad and use it as a screen?