Retrenchment in SA is ‘one of the gravest situations in the world’

Trilkop

Ha ha ha..... and here I was thinking there was no problems in the economy. No companies scaling down. No companies closing down. Fake retrenchment figures. Fake unemployment figures. Lol, the ANC wanted the economy, they now have it and can keep it.

And here SARS is thinking they are about to get more money in. Not sure how they plan to do this when businesses are retrenching, scaling down, leaving the country, making less money and less people are generating an income to pay taxes. The magic.........

The_MAC

Executive Member
Ha ha ha..... and here I was thinking there was no problems in the economy. No companies scaling down. No companies closing down. Fake retrenchment figures. Fake unemployment figures. Lol, the ANC wanted the economy, they now have it and can keep it.

And here SARS is thinking they are about to get more money in. Not sure how they plan to do this when businesses are retrenching, scaling down, leaving the country, making less money and less people are generating an income to pay taxes. The magic.........
Is there data to suggest that the closing down companies are not being replaced by other companies? i.e. competitors, redundant etc.

Last edited:

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
I can confirm the flip-side though. Mu cousin’ got a metal fabrication business in the West Rand. Since January he has retrenched 30 workers. Only 6 left, and those will be gone by the end of the year.

I thought thins were going well, until I got a call that they also want to emigrate. Government and labour are killing business. He was exclusively supplying to the mining industry, and even trying outside of that proved fruitless. Manufacturing industry is dying. Sad state of affairs.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Preliminary "Inb4" :

"Haven't you left yet, bro?"
"Don't let the door hit you on the way out, bro."
"When are you having the garage sale, bro?"
"Can I buy your house, bro?"
"Still waiting for zim 2.0, bro?"
"LOL, bro."

(Sure, these are totally off-topic right now...but it won't be long before it's bound to to go there, especially when some of The Usuals -and a few lackeys- arrive to derail the thread.)

EDIT: derails thread with "inb4" post :laugh: