Retrenchments

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Is the place unionised? Unions usually have a lot of info as they're amongst the first people to receive the notice.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I stand corrected here but I think the standard is 1 week per year worked. I'm not sure if that is a legal requirement, though, probably more just accepted norm.... I'll hold thumbs that your situation improves and something better comes out of this for you!
Minimum stipulated by the law

Ecko_1

Sorry about the kak situation. I took a voluntary separation last year after waiting and knowing it was coming for about a year. We were given 2 weeks pay per completed year. Double notice period as well as 13th cheque and incentive bonus as our separation. All was tax free under a tax directive. Ended up with some decent cash on hand and was in my new job less than a month later. Would have preferred more time off but work couldn't wait.

If you are good at what you do you should be able to find something decent quickly.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This is pretty rough, my wife works for another company that is renting space from the ARC and working with some of their staff. The vibe is pretty gloomy.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
They are quite big, already said one week per year worked. I trust this place to keep to their word.
Keep in mind that your package is negotiable. When I was retrenched in 2018, I went back to my employer and asked for 2 weeks pay for every year and they said "sure thing!". Not sure what happened behind the scenes but I had made them aware of a number of things they didn't do correctly in the retrenchment process and I'm guessing they figured if they increase my package it'll reduce the chances of me going to CCMA or Labour Court.