Revamped Afrihost AirMobile site live offering 10GB free data

Just be aware wifi calling(vowifi) does not work.

Hi.

Yes, that is correct.
As soon as MTN allow the VoWIFI functionality on MVNOs, we will have enabled for our clients.

Do legacy month-to-month Air Mobile clients HAVE to port over or can we just continue as-is?

Do legacy month-to-month Air Mobile clients HAVE to port over or can we just continue as-is?
For now, we are not automatically migrating clients because not everyone wants to port or change SIM cards; it will be voluntary for clients who want to do new signups.

For now, we are not automatically migrating clients because not everyone wants to port or change SIM cards; it will be voluntary for clients who want to do new signups.

Ok great. The lack of VoWIFI is a huge problem for me because I live in an area with almost zero cellphone signal. So are you saying if I currently have the legacy AIR 3 monthly package that it will continue to work as usual and I will continue to get my allocated airtime and data bundle every month?

I seem unable to RICA via Chrome (mobile or desktop).. It just cannot find (even start to search). On desktop it shows this silly small screen.. @Africagirl did you test this at all with existing clients?

Not my real adress, but a real adress :/

Was able to signup via the Airmobile app, but you are going to lose a LOT of customers who can't "RICA" search..

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 18.01.16.png

Hi.

Yes, that is correct.
As soon as MTN allow the VoWIFI functionality on MVNOs, we will have enabled for our clients.
I see VoLTE also doesn't work. So which means my device has to switch from 5G to 3G for calls. Any plans on support VoLTE?

I see VoLTE also doesn't work. So which means my device has to switch from 5G to 3G for calls. Any plans on support VoLTE?
Both VoLTE and VoWifi functionality have not been enabled for MVNOs. However, we do support 5G as an MVNO on MTN.

Both VoLTE and VoWifi functionality have not been enabled for MVNOs. However, we do support 5G as an MVNO on MTN.

I'm not trying to be funny, and there's no bigger supporter of Afrihost out there than me, but it does seem like a terrible idea to launch this product without any VoLTE or VoWifi functionality when this has now become an absolutely essential feature and expected from consumers. I understand that it's MTN's fault for not enabling it for MVNOs, but surely it would be better to wait until they do. A lot of people are going to be very disappointed if they port over and discover that especially VoWIFI doesn't work. For someone like me who lives in an area with almost zero signal, the lack of VoWIFI is a complete deal breaker. At the very least you should warn consumers on your website. I don't see it mentioned anywhere that VoWIFI is not supported.

Edit: I see that international roaming is also not supported. Again, a complete deal breaker. Hopefully all of these things can be overcome and soon. I love Afrihost products and will switch over to the MVNO as soon as all of these issues have been ironed out.

Last edited:
Ok great. The lack of VoWIFI is a huge problem for me because I live in an area with almost zero cellphone signal. So are you saying if I currently have the legacy AIR 3 monthly package that it will continue to work as usual and I will continue to get my allocated airtime and data bundle every month?
Your existing SIM card (package) will continue working and you will remain on the same package and price.

I seem unable to RICA via Chrome (mobile or desktop).. It just cannot find (even start to search). On desktop it shows this silly small screen.. @Africagirl did you test this at all with existing clients?

Was able to signup via the Airmobile app, but you are going to lose a LOT of customers who can't "RICA" search..

View attachment 1656994
Having the same problem

View attachment 1656994
Hi.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I have checked, and I am getting stuck on the same page, reporting it now.

I'm not trying to be funny, and there's no bigger supporter of Afrihost out there than me, but it does seem like a terrible idea to launch this product without any VoLTE or VoWifi functionality when this has now become an absolutely essential feature and expected from consumers. I understand that it's MTN's fault for not enabling it for MVNOs, but surely it would be better to wait until they do. A lot of people are going to be very disappointed if they port over and discover that especially VoWIFI doesn't work. For someone like me who lives in an area with almost zero signal, the lack of VoWIFI is a complete deal breaker. At the very least you should warn consumers on your website. I don't see it mentioned anywhere that VoWIFI is not supported.
I understand your concern and our Projector Manager is aware of the urgency to have the above functionality enabled with MTN.

Back