Revealed: Documents Show Bill Gates Has Given $319 Million to Media Outlets

lexity

Executive Member

I'm still trying to figure out what all the fuss on Bill Gates is about these days.

The **** made his wealth with Microsoft. We all know the media is bought and paid for by some idiot.
The media is bought and paid for by advertizers.

That is who determines its narrative.

Now it is very common to assume that advertizers acquire their ability to determine the narrative(highest bidder for ad space) based on merit i.e. they were freely chosen by customers, on the basis they were the best suited contractors for their line of work.

This is where most people - holding this view - would be wrong. This comes down to the means by which contractors are selected above other contractors.

Because State-regulators(selling themselves as the only viable substitute for on-foot consumer discrimination... which, for some reason, is a 'bad thing') have the opposite affect on quality of goods and services, if they can
manufacture artificial barriers to entry (disguised as consumer protection).

The only form of consumer protection there is, is the freedom and responsibility to discriminate against goods and service providers, as consumers. Handing this task off to an entity which is legally exempt from being right(any and all State regulators) is just about the most foolish thing you, as a consumer, could do. Unless you have a death wish.

quote-it-is-hard-to-imagine-a-more-stupid-or-more-dangerous-way-of-making-decisions-than-by-thomas-sowell-27-84-58.jpg

Last edited:

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master

Now it is very common to assume that advertizers acquire their ability to determine the narrative(highest bidder for ad space) based on merit i.e. they were freely chosen by customers, on the basis they were the best suited contractors for their line of work.

This is where most people - holding this view - would be wrong. This comes down to the means by which contractors are selected above other contractors.

Because State-regulators(selling themselves as the only viable substitute for on-foot consumer discrimination... which, for some reason, is a 'bad thing') have the opposite affect on quality of goods and services, if they can

The only form of consumer protection there is, is the freedom and responsibility to discriminate against goods and service providers, as consumers. Handing this task off to an entity which is legally exempt from being right(any and all State regulators) is just about the most foolish thing you, as a consumer, could do. Unless you have a death wish.

quote-it-is-hard-to-imagine-a-more-stupid-or-more-dangerous-way-of-making-decisions-than-by-thomas-sowell-27-84-58.jpg

the bigger question is to find a balance between a subscription based media vs an advertising driven one. The latter has more capital to cover broader stories, but the former tends to be more resilient to bias and filtering. There has been a shift in this direction with certain podcasters such as joe rogan and it's a welcoming trend,

Hellfest

Executive Member

What price do conspiracy theorists pay for being wrong?

lexity

Executive Member
What price do conspiracy theorists pay for being wrong?
What legal decision-making power do conspiracy theorists have over other citizens?

None.

He's referring to legal decision-making i.e. political power.

lexity

Executive Member
So your answer is none. They don't pay a price. Cool.
They don't pay a price, just like you are not compelled to take their advice.

You agree it's your individual responsibility to take, or dismiss, their advice, right?

p.s. And when I say they pay no price.... they ofc pay a price for being wrong without a government subsidy e.g. a State-licensed business relies less on the consumer who's money he's taking for QA.

He's saying if you can confiscate wealth, you don't have to be right or accurate in your conclusions. And that, ofc , is a danger and a menace to society. That is the commonly accepted view of the street criminal. But he is saying what if you made such crime legal under certain, apparently justifiable but actually not, circumstances? How much more damaging to society would that be?

Last edited:

SoldierMan

Executive Member
So your answer is none. They don't pay a price. Cool.

What price do you pay for all the crap you blurt out on MyBB or any other platform?

You are saying free speech should be cancelled. Because what applies to conspiracy theorists must apply to everyone else. What about the Climate Alarmists like Gore who said the arctic would have no more ice by 2013? What consequences must he face?

As usual the loony leftists want to crack down on free speech. Well done.

Pay a price for expressing an opinion. Get outta here with your authoritarian bullcrap.

lexity

Executive Member
If you are wrong in a free market, you get fired pretty quickly.... days, if you are lucky.

In the current system, on the other hand, you get 4 or 5 years minimum(27 years in the case of SA) to keep making bad decisions.

That is a magnet for the most dangerous criminals.

Hellfest

Executive Member
If you are wrong in a free market, you get fired pretty quickly.... days, if you are lucky.

In the current system, on the other hand, you get 4 or 5 years minimum(27 years in the case of SA) to keep making bad decisions.

That is a magnet for the most dangerous criminals.

What proof do you have that someone gets fired immediately on the free market?

access

Honorary Master

all the lazy sales employees crying over unfair dismissal? :D

what price will you pay for insinuating such stupid things? :ROFL:

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
What price do you pay for all the crap you blurt out on MyBB or any other platform?

You are saying free speech should be cancelled. Because what applies to conspiracy theorists must apply to everyone else. What about the Climate Alarmists like Gore who said the arctic would have no more ice by 2013? What consequences must he face?

As usual the loony leftists want to crack down on free speech. Well done.

Pay a price for expressing an opinion. Get outta here with your authoritarian bullcrap.

Probably the same price your pastor pays for the cult he runs with you in attendance on a Sunday.

lexity

Executive Member
Well, since we don't live in a society which legally permits free markets, where do you suppose I can obtain proof from?

But if you have an ability to imagine a market in which uninvited 3rd party intervention was uniformly legally prosecutable, then any breach of contract would result in the agreed to terms, which could include immediate dismissal/termination, forfeiting any collateral initially put up, being enforced.

For example, if the two of us contracted to exchange service A for currency B, and you failed to deliver service A as agreed, I could fire you on the spot. As per our agreement.

I would not have to wait 5 years, or 27 years, for an uninvited 3rd party to change a law to get you fired.

You realise we have effectively been in a 27 year contract with someone we find wholely in breach?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Well, since we don't live in a society which legally permits free markets, where do you suppose I can obtain proof from?

But if you have an ability to imagine a market in which uninvited 3rd party intervention was uniformly legally prosecutable, then any breach of contract would result in the agreed to terms, which could include immediate dismissal/termination, forfeiting any collateral initially put up, being enforced.

For example, if the two of us contracted to exchange service A for currency B, and you failed to deliver service A as agreed, I could fire you on the spot. As per our agreement.

I would not have to wait 5 years, or 27 years, for an uninvited 3rd party to change a law to get you fired.

You realise we have effectively been in a 27 year contract with someone we find wholely in breach?

But you can do so already in our nasty backwards non-free market society that you loath and detest so much, if Company A doesn't supply Service A for Currency B to Company C as per contractual agreement you can exit the contract (aka fire them immediately)

Last edited:

Hellfest

Executive Member
MyBB has just become an example that educated men too, can be very, very gullible.

Last edited:

lexity

Executive Member
But you can do so already in our nasty backwards non-free market society that you loath and detest so much, if Company A doesn't supply Service A for Currency B to Company C as per contractual agreement.
Okay, well render yourself immune from Malema goading supporters to commit burglary in your neighbourhood.

Reply when you have done that. I'll wait.