Revealing intel on riots is not in the country's interests: Ntshavheni

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Quite frankly I think the information is exactly what we think it is. Factional division within the ANC in which this supposedly "unified" party is actually split clean down the middle with those in control of governance undermining those in control of governance.

tl;dr version: Inside Luthuli House it is an absolute shitfestival war zone and they are just barely keeping it together by a tiny thread.

I didn't even mention NatJOINTS. Three divisions,

1) NatJOINTS,
2) State Security Agency, and
3) SAPS.

then to add the 4) SANDF, which was deployed under NatJOINTS command under SAPS supervision, or so I believe. Then the 5) NPA.

Factional division within the ANC, would mean it would also apply to the state, since the two are incapable to be separated. Now, you need to ask about the divisions within the above-mentioned state organs.

Moving past the NPA, we sit with a collective entity which should be separated... Judiciary, are they divisional?

What is clearly evident is that the ordinary citizen is being punished. I am not even talking about business and guests who are willing to invest in this country.

rvZA

Expert Member
Here is the bigger problem for the ANC and Government:

On Thursday, global human rights watchdog Amnesty International called on government to reveal what it knew before the unrest broke out.

"With the number of people who died during the looting and violent unrest known to be 276 [on Wednesday], South African authorities must reveal what they knew and when, in the days leading to the violence, which unnecessarily cost people's lives," said Shenilla Mohamed, executive director of Amnesty International South Africa in a statement.

Naturally, here is Government's response:

"I think Amnesty International is going beyond their own scope of work," Ntshavheni said.

Things are not going to end well for Government if they keep hammering this stance.... I smell bigger problems on the Horizon for them.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Likely a Pandora's Box type of information. You want to know. Demand to know. Then when you know then you wish you hadn't asked at all.

Whatever it is it will likely benefit the Zuma fan(atic) base or it will undermine the ANC. Worse than that it could start a war.
probably....

I'll I want to know is that they act on the intel.
The right people go to jail, others are removed from their positions of power... and future intel is acted upon accordingly.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
roflol. There is no intel. Or it they are all linked to ANC cadres. Don't want to reveal to the masses... because there goes the votes..

Last edited:

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I can't help but think what was really meant was :

Revealing intel on riots is not in the ANC's interests:

100%.

Ramaphosa talking about party unity in the immediate aftermath of the riots was pretty much proof that the party itself was to blame for this as the factional infighting spilled over.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I didn't even mention NatJOINTS. Three divisions,

1) NatJOINTS,
2) State Security Agency, and
3) SAPS.

then to add the 4) SANDF, which was deployed under NatJOINTS command under SAPS supervision, or so I believe. Then the 5) NPA.

Factional division within the ANC, would mean it would also apply to the state, since the two are incapable to be separated. Now, you need to ask about the divisions within the above-mentioned state organs.

Moving past the NPA, we sit with a collective entity which should be separated... Judiciary, are they divisional?

What is clearly evident is that the ordinary citizen is being punished. I am not even talking about business and guests who are willing to invest in this country.

I think it almost guaranteed that there are divisions within state organs, especially those involved in intelligence and security. Zuma's background after-all goes way back and deep within the ANC's internal intelligence and security. This guy has likely spent the better part of the last 30-years using his MK associates and allies to embed himself within state security, intel and law enforcement. Manipulating and influencing things from the shadows.

After 10 years on Robben Island alongside Nelson Mandela, he fled apartheid South Africa to emerge in the late 1980s in the Zambian capital, Lusaka, as deputy head of the ANC’s secret police and head of the ‘Green House’, its intelligence unit.

One of his main tasks was to unmask informants and traitors within the ANC and MK, wielding the resources of the ANC secret police, known as iMbokodo or “The Grindstone”.

The Stuart Commission, an internal ANC inquiry into unrest in 1983 in guerrilla camps in Angola, described iMbokodo as “the most notorious and infamous department in the camps and perhaps in the whole movement”.

The report, available on the ANC’s website, painted a picture of the ANC security services as a state-within-a-state, feeding off rumor and “not working for the security of the general membership and interests of the movement”.