Reviews for Crystal Web Fibre?

DefaultSeb

I'm getting fibre in my home very soon with Vumatel infrastructure, and Crystal Web are offering a very good uncapped package with 100/100 megabit/s up down speeds for R1 089. Compared to all the other packages being offered on the Vumatel website, this seems like a steal. Can anyone who has Crystal Web give me a review on them, including things like customer support and traceroutes? Ping is a big deal for me, as someone who plays online games a lot. Thanks.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Customer support is top notch. Latency is likewise brilliant. I get 185ms on d3, and less than 1ms latency to mirror servers in joburg.
For that money you can't go wrong. It is the package I am on.
I can't offer traces now, I'm away on holiday.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm getting fibre in my home very soon with Vumatel infrastructure, and Crystal Web are offering a very good uncapped package with 100/100 megabit/s up down speeds for R1 089. Compared to all the other packages being offered on the Vumatel website, this seems like a steal. Can anyone who has Crystal Web give me a review on them, including things like customer support and traceroutes? Ping is a big deal for me, as someone who plays online games a lot. Thanks.

Before I moved house recently I had 100Mbps Telkom FTTH. I had issues with Afrihost and moved to Crystal Web, around 4 months before losing the fibre. For that entire time my connection was phenomenal with CW. You definitely won't regret going with them.

They have by far the best customer service of any ISP btw. And their network performance is unrivalled by the other popular ISPs.

Bighit

Expert Member
I've got CW fibre, very very happy. For support, their online live chat response is instant. Can you give me a link to ping/trace?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
What is the throttling like or do they throttle at all and do they limit p2p connections?

I wouldn't consider CW unless you're going to use Openserve fibre. Most of their users are having serious network issues atm. I'm on Openserve fortunately and have been spared such problems. Haven't noticed throttling on the account, and the only shaping is usenet downloads for some reason. Not even reputable paid services can achieve anywhere close to line speed on CW for me, so I generally stick to torrents where possible (which often reach 9+MB/s).

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What's the difference if you're on Openserve?

The Crystal Web vumatel address ranges are under constant DDoS attack by some twit with penis envy.

That aside, on vumatel there's no throttling, no shaping, nothing.

Valerion

Expert Member
Customer support is top notch.

Customer support is top notch, up to the point you get an issue that can't be solved by the helpdesk, and have to be escalated. Then you don't hear back from them at all.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Customer support is top notch, up to the point you get an issue that can't be solved by the helpdesk, and have to be escalated. Then you don't hear back from them at all.

Not my experience in all honesty.

maumau

Honorary Master
The Crystal Web vumatel address ranges are under constant DDoS attack by some twit with penis envy.

That aside, on vumatel there's no throttling, no shaping, nothing.

Jeez :( tks

georgelza

My Turn.

Well this is to comment about the process to get to CW+OpenServe Fibre, easy and Quick, from application 2 weeks, it's in and working,
Want to also point out, Mikey from the Tech support desk, kudu's, great help, happy to answer any question.

Now to see how it performs, assuming a 18:00-0:00 is probably not a fair match/game/evaluation time though ;)

G

Last edited by a moderator:

Xzib1t

Expert Member

I have experienced this.

ProfA

Honorary Master
CW did my data. Line was with Openserve via Axxess. What a crock of ****. Moved my data back to Axxess. All "line" problems disappeared.

CW stopped sending usage reports for a month. Not sure if they are working again. Very unethical company. Same league as AH, Telkom and WA.

mugikhan

CW did my data. Line was with Openserve via Axxess. What a crock of ****. Moved my data back to Axxess. All "line" problems disappeared.

CW stopped sending usage reports for a month. Not sure if they are working again. Very unethical company. Same league as AH, Telkom and WA.

Axxess is owned by AH so aren't they in the same league then? When I was with Axxess I had constant problems as well. CW is the only one that has given me constant reliable performance.