Rica issues

Mogoduma

Hi

I've bought a rain sim card, now I have to Rica the sim before I can use it but I get stuck of live face recognition and my address has not been verified. This is starting to give me a headache. What should I do? Please help.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi

I've bought a rain sim card, now I have to Rica the sim before I can use it but I get stuck of live face recognition and my address has not been verified. This is starting to give me a headache. What should I do? Please help.
Hi @Mogoduma

Please provide me with your email via PM

GoofySmurf

Expert Member
Wow how far we have fallen, people are willing to provide a scan of their face just to get a sim working. Its amazing how rain just decides that you need to give them a scan of your face for Rica.

The law states that you only need to provide proof of address and a ID or drivers license. Why is rain scanning peoples faces, what are they doing with the data ?

Watch out with practices like this they probably datamine your surfing habbits as well.

Mogoduma

Wow how far we have fallen, people are willing to provide a scan of their face just to get a sim working. Its amazing how rain just decides that you need to give them a scan of your face for Rica.

The law states that you only need to provide proof of address and a ID or drivers license. Why is rain scanning peoples faces, what are they doing with the data ?

Watch out with practices like this they probably datamine your surfing habbits as well.
It is my first time seeing that you have to scan your face to Rica, I was surprised but went for it anyway