Richwood

chantebooysen

We recently moved to Cape Town so we don't really know the areas that well
We are apartment hunting at the moment and having a viewing today in a new development in Richwood, was wondering if this is a good or bad area?

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
We recently moved to Cape Town so we don't really know the areas that well
We are apartment hunting at the moment and having a viewing today in a new development in Richwood, was wondering if this is a good or bad area?
Very close to squatters.

Mr G

Depends on where you'll be working, affordability, etc. Every area has their good and bad points.

I lived in Burgundy Estate, right next to Richwood, and never had any issues in the 2 years I was there, either with the refinery or crime. Don't know how much has changed in the year that I've left. I have heard though that Richwood itself has it's fair share of crime, but then again so does Goodwood, Bellville, or just about every other suburb.

aktiv

There is a massive development going on in the Richmond area
New shopping complex down the road - double lane road infrastructure in many directions
New business park - MyCiti bus new route
A project manager told me the refinery is set for dismantling in the future
So this could be a good investment at current prices

spiff

Expert Member
There is a massive development going on in the Richmond area
New shopping complex down the road - double lane road infrastructure in many directions
New business park - MyCiti bus new route
A project manager told me the refinery is set for dismantling in the future
So this could be a good investment at current prices
100% correct.

agentrfr

Expert Member
Air bnb at a bunch of places for a week each if you can. See what driving to work etc. is like

Sparhawk

I live in Richwood and I am part of the Neighbourhood whattsapp group. So I get a report everyday of the crimes committed in both Richwood and the surrounding areas. Quite honestly I am surprised how little crime there is in Richwood as opposed to Bothasig and Edgemead which are close suburbs. Yes Richwood borders on the N7 and diagonally opposite is a Dunoon a squatter camp. However there is alot of development being done in the area and as an investment it can only go up.

your biggest problem is not going to be crime, it will be traffic, especially by the circle in the morning. thankfully I don't have to go that route as I work in Somerset West, but to give you an idea my wife and I leave the same time 6:30 and we both get to work within 10 minutes of each other. She works in Montague Gardens.

spiff

Expert Member
I live in Richwood and I am part of the Neighbourhood whattsapp group. So I get a report everyday of the crimes committed in both Richwood and the surrounding areas. Quite honestly I am surprised how little crime there is in Richwood as opposed to Bothasig and Edgemead which are close suburbs. Yes Richwood borders on the N7 and diagonally opposite is a Dunoon a squatter camp. However there is alot of development being done in the area and as an investment it can only go up.

your biggest problem is not going to be crime, it will be traffic, especially by the circle in the morning. thankfully I don't have to go that route as I work in Somerset West, but to give you an idea my wife and I leave the same time 6:30 and we both get to work within 10 minutes of each other. She works in Montague Gardens.
traffic will be less of a problem soon

Attachments