Rift at Westerford High over principal's sanction for prefect's racism

Mista_Mobsta

Going by this standard Malema should go to jail for 10 000 years,
But But But the SAHRC did say that the specific utterances of a specific race group carry a larger weighting when looking at the historical context! I mean surely, as a master of historical facts, Malema can assure us that every white person in SA today can trace their heritage back to a rapist, thief and racist right?

I mean really now let's not be hypocritical right????

Pitbull

Verboten
True but she was still supposed to be stripped of the prefect title. It does not make sense for her to remain a leader under such circumstances.
A Black Member of the SGB agreed to the sanction and found it to be fitting given the offense. So what now? Even the Black people on the SGB agree that the punishment was sufficient. Yet, other people don't... SJW at it's finest.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
In my school days, you would have been stripped of being prefect for this. You simply can't lead a school body with such attitudes.
good grief, which school was that?

in my school days nobody would EVER be punished in ANY way for saying something nasty in a car to a small group of people and being outed by those tattle-tales, worst that would happen is a chew out session in the principal's office for the guilty AND the idiots who made it the school's problem

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Our society is a lot less forgiving these days. I think we've become a lot more bloodthirsty.

We've got all kinds of guilt that can not be expunged. Crimes that can never be forgiven.

Nobody forgives each other for their sins anymore. Anything you do can be dragged up decades later in the court of public opinion. Nobody will come to you privately and ask you to apologise, instead, they publish your name so that you cannot defend yourself. Your closest friends then abandon you, proving they were never your friends in the first place.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Racist from Cape Town, Rondebosch, it's not that hard to figure that out.
Ah... but these schools have quotas to make and so there are a great deal of kids coming from areas just outside of the area the school is in. Westerford is not lily white.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Our society is a lot less forgiving these days. I think we've become a lot more bloodthirsty.

We've got all kinds of guilt that can not be expunged. Crimes that can never be forgiven.

Nobody forgives each other for their sins anymore. Anything you do can be dragged up decades later in the court of public opinion. Nobody will come to you privately and ask you to apologise, instead, they publish your name so that you cannot defend yourself. Your closest friends then abandon you, proving they were never your friends in the first place.
This whole social justice thing is driven by greed and envy.

Greed to try and get yourself stuff for free and envy at other people for the stuff they (mostly) worked for.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
This whole social justice thing is driven by greed and envy.

Greed to try and get yourself stuff for free and envy at other people for the stuff they (mostly) worked for.
I don't know if its greed and envy. I think people love to see other people make mistakes. Everything is outrage media now.

A feminist say all men must die - OUTRAGE!
Someone said something racist - OUTRAGE!
A man said a woman looks nice when she smiles - OUTRAGE!

It's like we can't get enough of outrage, of that feeling of self righteous anger when someone does something that transgresses some universal moral code.

Now people are driven to suicide about it. A game developer, Alex Holowka, was hounded to suicide by accusations that he sexually abused Zoe Quinn recently. Then someone unearthed tweets from Zoe Quinn from the time when this alleged abuse happens, and its like, wtf are you talking about? He killed himself over it. He colleagues kicked him out of the company based solely on her unproven allegations and now he is dead.