RIM announces BlackBerry Bold 9790 and Curve 9380

mcastudios

I Love the new BlackBerry devices but their prices just seem a bit out of wack. Would really like to see how much these cost. No one can complain about a lack of variety now.

krycor

Honorary Master
design look cool.. but i won't go for it till the insides and o/s updates..

Bumzilla

latest batch of phones all seem to have battery issues.... I'm not letting go of my bold 2 yet otherwise going to move go android soon!

Nickd

What are Blackberry doing?
They just released the 9860/9870 overseas(no mention of it here), and the 9900 is the same as this new bold (just in a different shell).

The Blackberry Board meeting must go like this:
"Guys, we may be losing market share and valuable reputation points because we are stuck with an old OS and sub-standard phone specifications - but here's a great idea: let's just release a flurry of new form factors with the same old insides and 'OS 7' in the hope that the public will be fooled into thinking we are innovating!"

News Flash RIM: People don't buy Blackberries because they are the "latest Blackberry model" anymore, there is a lot of really strong competition out there!

I am an avid BB user, but seriously guys - Step up your game!

Kgabogk

Expert Member
BB phones all look similar,high end phones must always stand out from the cheapies

MattyW

I prefer android but the new BBX devices {if true} look beautiful, too bad they only coming out Q2 or Q3 next year.

22510_bb_london_the_verge2.jpg

Boksie

I surely hope they will have better support for Bluetooth as well. Just testing a Curve 9300 at the moment and I can't get it to connect to the PC and it's desktop software via Bluetooth no matter what I do. Reading up on the net and trying every idea out there didn't help either and only served to highlight that just about every man and his dog is having a problem trying to connect to various devices with their BB's and BT...

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I surely hope they will have better support for Bluetooth as well. Just testing a Curve 9300 at the moment and I can't get it to connect to the PC and it's desktop software via Bluetooth no matter what I do. Reading up on the net and trying every idea out there didn't help either and only served to highlight that just about every man and his dog is having a problem trying to connect to various devices with their BB's and BT...

It is a weird system.

When you want to receive a file, you need to go to media and select "receive via Bluetooth"

I think that might help you set up a connection as well