Risk of power cuts high: Eskom

Shi

Expert Member
We'll probably see stage 2 by lunch time. :twisted:

D3x!

Banned
cut the power now, force business to run on backup, it at least means aircons are off, I cant understand why business cannot come to the party and reduce load, office building all over are sitting at a cool 18 degrees or whatever while aircons run through the day. open windows ffs.

I would still like someone to explain to me how load shedding me at 10 at night reduces load, no one is cooking, there is maybe a light and a tv on at each house, except the idiots with aircons/heaters/whatever. at that time what else is running? sure some factories maybe, sure the mines etc. but how can they handle load at 10 in the morning then and need to loadshed at night! wtf.

web

Executive Member
There can never be too many braais!
True but my Gas braai is getting delivered at 2 this afternoon but I still need to put it together so was hoping the other half could cook tonight, and no she can't braai :sick:
Also if there is load shedding I won't have lights to put the gas braai together until tomorrow night. See vicious circle guess it is a braai on the old faithful webber tonight.

MickZA

Executive Member
I would still like someone to explain to me how load shedding me at 10 at night reduces load,
They need the power to run the massive pumps to replenish the pumped storage dams ready for use at peak periods the next day.

web

Executive Member
So you're braai'ing tonight then...

What do we need to bring? :D
your spanners and screw drivers to put the gas braai together, tonight is beefs turn on the braai so it would have to be steak.

D3x!

Banned
They need the power to run the massive pumps to replenish the pumped storage dams ready for use at peak periods the next day.
first decent explanation that makes some sense, still though surely they cannot be equivalent to the usage of millions of aircons, lights etc in office buildings?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
your spanners and screw drivers to put the gas braai together, tonight is beefs turn on the braai so it would have to be steak.
Wait.. so you can fek up ALL the roads in the area.. but you don't have spanners and screwdrivers to put together a Gas Braai?... I'm disappointed :p

I may even be able to bring a lead light to help with the lack of illumination.

web

Executive Member
I do have tools I am just fussy on who I lend them too :D can never trust people from down the hill

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
first decent explanation that makes some sense, still though surely they cannot be equivalent to the usage of millions of aircons, lights etc in office buildings?
I very much doubt they do need that much power.....

But it would just be nice if Eskom would actually start being transparent... (wishful thinking I know)

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I do have tools I am just fussy on who I lend them too :D can never trust people from down the hill
Ahhh right..
Fair enough.... cos you would never see them again... I have a problem returning good quality tools :D

Sinbad

Honorary Master
They're good for 1000 megawatts, so they will need about that to replenish too.