Road Bully, Coward - If I could find this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitbull

Verboten
My daughter is a new driver, obeys the rules, has an "L" on her rear window. On her way home in Pretoria North this afternoon. Driving at the speed limit in the right lane in a suburban area because she needs to turn right.

******* in a big Toyota Hilux is right on her bumper. Has his family in the car. Drives so close up behind my daughter that his car fills her whole rear window.

Intimidates her all the way along the road. She is nervous as hell but there are cars in the left lane so she can't move out of the f&%cks way, and she has to turn.

He gets into the left, crosses in front of her and slams on brakes. She is now so distraught and has to brake hard.

He stops and refuses to move. She is terrified he is going to get out and shoot her or hurt her.

Eventually she gets into the left lane and passes him but he folows her until she turns.

Phones me, sobbing and traumatised.

Wish I could find him...really.

If he could have passed her on the left, there was space for her to move left. I farking hate people hogging the fast lane!

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
This 100%.
The second you have an incident like that recorded, you open a case at the police for reckless and negligent driving.
Next you ask the investigating police officer to find out which insurance he is with and inform them. They will either drop and blacklist you or raise your premium.
Next you open a civil case for attempted murder, and provide the same footage - you probably won't be able to make that fly, but the money it will cost him to defend it will give him serious second thoughts on his on-the-road life choices.

How do I know this all? Buddy is going through the same thing. He was the @#$%. Cost him in the region of R20k thus far. They retracted the civil case after he went to their home, hat in hand to apologise to the wife and child that was in the other car. They are not retracting the reckless and negligent charge, he will have to face the music for that in September this year - he will plead guilty and hope for the best. They suspect a lengthy license suspension at minimum. Days of Uber is in his future.

Get a dashcam - it costs almost nothing.

days of licenseless driving in his future.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
If he could have passed her on the left, there was space for her to move left. I farking hate people hogging the fast lane!

We went over this in detail already and the law say you can be there if there is a right turn up ahead, and it's not the "fast lane" on an urban road.

garp

Executive Member
As far as I'm aware, although I would encourage slower motorists to stay in the left lane anyway, the "keep left, pass right" rule technically only applies to actual marked highways. On a normal urban/suburban dual carriageway that is not marked with the highway signs and crosses intersections where you can turn right, there is nothing in the road rules specifying that you have to keep left and you are fully in your rights to drive down the right hand lane on, for example, Jan Smuts Ave at 40km/h (as infuriating as that is to other motorists).

Jchan11hk

The moment that the driver of the bakkie stopped in front of her for 10 mins = kunt.
And you have ppl on MyBB support this kind of behaviour.:mad:

Matter of fact is in SA we do not have respects of others, a driver wanna turn right, let her be. If you cannot wait for 2 mins in your life, then you should not be driving.

Also if someone flashes me from far, then I will move to the left and let them pass. If someone is tailgating me and then flashes me, I dont give a damn. And normally they are bakkie drivers and their bakkies are not faster than my V6.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
There is a difference between flashing another drive, and raging up behind them and flashing like a lunatic. The latter is reckless and negligent, the former is a legal sign for the other driver to please move into the left lane if safe to do so.

Absolutely.

The latter however usually happens because said person in the right lane is being stubborn and going against the law themselves to try and prove a fruitless point in a battle they always lose.

Most cases people don't just start running up your ass flashing like a lunatic, it's the result of events.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The moment that the driver of the bakkie stopped in front of her for 10 mins = kunt.
And you have ppl on MyBB support this kind of behaviour.:mad:

Matter of fact is in SA we do not have respects of others, a driver wanna turn right, let her be. If you cannot wait for 2 mins in your life, then you should not be driving.

Also if someone flashes me from far, then I will move to the left and let them pass. If someone is tailgating me and then flashes me, I dont give a damn. And normally these bakkies are not faster than my V6.

No, we support being impartial and wanting both sides of the story.

Very different.

The story does sound a bit overly dramatic and making use of some liberal artistic license.

Jchan11hk

No, we support being impartial and wanting both sides of the story.

Very different.

Agreed, we need facts from both sides. But I highly doubted that the bakkie driver will come here and defend himself.

But I have been in a similar road rage incident like this in Cape Town not too long ago. People have no courteous towards others nowadays. I think we can all agree on that.

isie

Honorary Master
Agreed, we need facts from both sides. But I highly doubted that the bakkie driver will come here and defend himself.

But I have been in a similar road rage incident like this in Cape Town not too long ago. People have no courteous towards others nowadays. I think we can all agree on that.
Sadly this is true
reminds me i need to post something in the bad driving thread :)

ProfA

Honorary Master
Considering what utter pricks people can be, especially on the road, and especially when its some klein mannetjie syndrome guy of which there are MANY, is the story as told by the OP, really that unbelievable?

Pitbull

Verboten
We went over this in detail already and the law say you can be there if there is a right turn up ahead, and it's not the "fast lane" on an urban road.

Doesn't sound like there was a right hand turn up ahead. He drove up her arse for a duration of time, then had the time to pass her on the left and stop in front of her. If I need to turn right in Brooklyn, I can drive in the right hand lane all the way from Harties at 60mk/h?

I have no issue with people driving slowly, but drive in the correct lane. if you need to turn right be in the correct lane with your indicator on.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Doesn't sound like there was a right hand turn up ahead. He drove up her arse for a duration of time, then had the time to pass her on the left and stop in front of her. If I need to turn right in Brooklyn, I can drive in the right hand lane all the way from Harties at 60mk/h?

I have no issue with people driving slowly, but drive in the correct lane. if you need to turn right be in the correct lane with your indicator on.

Sounds like it to me, if looking at the OP. Maybe I'll go later and check if I can identify the section fo road and then get back to you.

My daughter is a new driver, obeys the rules, has an "L" on her rear window. On her way home in Pretoria North this afternoon. Driving at the speed limit in the right lane in a suburban area because she needs to turn right.

******* in a big Toyota Hilux is right on her bumper. Has his family in the car. Drives so close up behind my daughter that his car fills her whole rear window.

Intimidates her all the way along the road. She is nervous as hell but there are cars in the left lane so she can't move out of the f&%cks way, and she has to turn.

He gets into the left, crosses in front of her and slams on brakes. She is now so distraught and has to brake hard.

He stops and refuses to move. She is terrified he is going to get out and shoot her or hurt her.

Eventually she gets into the left lane and passes him but he folows her until she turns.

Phones me, sobbing and traumatised.

Wish I could find him...really.

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
Only put your indicator on as you approach the turnoff. Get into the correct lane well in advance. Fail to plan, plan to fail. It's not a freeway where you have to keep left, pass right.

krycor

Honorary Master
Welcome to Pretoria.. if u drive slow the okes will force u off the road.

You need to teach your daughter that if it is not a police or emergency services vehicle with lights flashing, ignore it and when safe to do so, move over to the left lane (if there is one).. not sooner. Video camera + report if needed.. but yea.. such is life.

PS. This kind of behaviour i find worse than the uneducated taxi drivers and if u driving in northern jhb or pretoria its typically educated professional prople who catch on crap.. which is why i record incidences.. Always fun to find these senior managers and ceos in my collection of incidences

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.