Road Bully, Coward - If I could find this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitbull

Verboten
OK, I found the streetview of where this happened:

https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-25....4!1shxLsZeJ9iUgd-ZjXGoYlsQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

View attachment 683917

View attachment 683919

Now we can properly investigate and argue the where.

Guys is already peed off. I assume he was driving behind her for some time. Not like it happened where he stopped in front of her obviously.

If she wanted to turn right there it means she wanted to make a U-turn. That road only joins the opposite traffic.

Rustie

My daughter is a new driver, obeys the rules, has an "L" on her rear window. On her way home in Pretoria North this afternoon. Driving at the speed limit in the right lane in a suburban area because she needs to turn right.

******* in a big Toyota Hilux is right on her bumper. Has his family in the car. Drives so close up behind my daughter that his car fills her whole rear window.

Intimidates her all the way along the road. She is nervous as hell but there are cars in the left lane so she can't move out of the f&%cks way, and she has to turn.

He gets into the left, crosses in front of her and slams on brakes. She is now so distraught and has to brake hard.

He stops and refuses to move. She is terrified he is going to get out and shoot her or hurt her.

Eventually she gets into the left lane and passes him but he folows her until she turns.

Phones me, sobbing and traumatised.

Wish I could find him...really.

Go read my post earlier in this thread.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
OK, I found the streetview of where this happened:

https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-25....4!1shxLsZeJ9iUgd-ZjXGoYlsQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

View attachment 683917

View attachment 683919

Now we can properly investigate and argue the where.

EDIT: the streetview is 2013, and obviously the incident picture newer, so there are changes, like a cut branch on the right of tree, and the tree now begin taller.

so how far is that to the next opportunity to turn right? and where is the closest you could have gotten on to that stretch of road heading in that direction?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Guys is already peed off. I assume he was driving behind her for some time. Not like it happened where he stopped in front of her obviously.

If she wanted to turn right there it means she wanted to make a U-turn. That road only joins the opposite traffic.

It's still not the fast lane.

If she wanted to turn right in Sylvia St (I'm not assuming she wants to make a u-turn), that is 450m from where she came to a stop.

Anyway, he could easily have overtaken her using the left lane (if she could have moved there safely, it means there was the space), and moved on with his life, so what's the problem?

He is driving a unroadworthy car (LED rooftop bar), so he can't cast stones.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
so how far is that to the next opportunity to turn right? and where is the closest you could have gotten on to that stretch of road heading in that direction?

450 meters to turn right again in Sylvia St, about 460 meter back you could have joined at Willem Cruywagen Avenue, but if I guess she came from much further back.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

If she wanted to turn right in Sylvia St (I'm not assuming she wants to make a u-turn), that is 450m from where she came to a stop.

Anyway, he could easily have overtaken her using the left lane (if she could have moved there safely, it means there was the space), and moved on with his life, so what's the problem?

I don't beleive that having the light on there makes it un-roadworthy in anyway, if it were on maybe, but not just the fact that it is mounted there

isie

Honorary Master

Its the L sign on her car it put him off
:sneaky:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I don't beleive that having the light on there makes it un-roadworthy in anyway, if it were on maybe, but not just the fact that it is mounted there

It may not be above 1.4 meters from ground, and it may not cross the vertical middle line of the vehicle (thus needs to be divided into 2 lights at least), to be legal. That's besides requiring the E1 marking.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
If he could have passed her on the left, there was space for her to move left. I farking hate people hogging the fast lane!
There is no such things as a "fast lane" period. In an urban area there are only roads with more than one lane to handle traffic volumes.

Pitbull

Verboten
There is no such things as a "fast lane" period. In an urban area there are only roads with more than one lane to handle traffic volumes.

Keep left, pass right. Even if some idiot drives 180 in a 60km/h zone. You're not a traffic officer. It's his problem (The driver). Keep left, and stay in the right lane if you need to turn. Not drive in the right lane because you want to...

supersunbird

Honorary Master
LMFAO!

You're not serious?

So not sure enough of your position to take the bet?

Also, have you changed your opinion since this post?:
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...rtake-on-the-left.308485/page-17#post-5550411

Pitbull said:
You are allowed to pass on the left, however it should be avoided at all costs. But if UFiS is hogging the fast lane, you pass left and he changes into you then he is liable for all damage. He crossed into your lane not you into his.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Keep left, pass right. Even if some idiot drives 180 in a 60km/h zone. You're not a traffic officer. It's his problem (The driver). Keep left, and stay in the right lane if you need to turn. Not drive in the right lane because you want to...

Have only seen those sign on duel carriage highways, where have you seen such a signs on urban roads?

Pitbull

Verboten
I feel like you held on to this card for years waiting to play it?:X3:

Nea, simple google function on here.

It's Illegal to pass a vehicle on the left unless it's indicating to turn right. That is a LAW. No matter how he tries and spin it.

Pitbull

Verboten
http://www.foresightpublications.co.za/AARTOop.html

Lane discipline

Violation
Fine
Pts
Failing to keep to the left
R 1 000
3​
Driving on the wrong side or across a dividing strip or traffic island
R 1 000
3​
Overtaking illegally on the left
R 1 000
3​
Cutting in after overtaking
R 1 000
3​
Overtaking on the shoulders or verge
R 1 000
3​
Overtaking on a blind rise, a curve, or where view is restricted
R 1 000
3​
Accelerating while being overtaken
R 1 000
3​
Encroaching the right half of the road obstructing oncoming traffic
R 1 000
3​
Passing a stationary bus without due care
R 500
1​
Driving on shoulder when circumstances do not permit
R 500
1​
Driving across a road when it is unsafe to do so
R 1 000
3​
Entering a road when it is unsafe to do so
R 1 000
3​
Obstructing other traffic while changing lanes
R 1 000
3​
Failing to use indicators
R 500
1​
Failing to indicate when changing lanes
R 500
1​
Failing to yield to the right at a traffic island
R 750
2​
Failing to keep left while making a left turn
R 750
2​
Turning right while unsafe
R 750
2​
Failing to keep left while making a right turn (cutting corner)
R 750
2​

Status
Not open for further replies.