Robbers drip hot plastic on boy

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I'm not even going to read the article, (I'm too sensitive), but I agree with you swordfish, KILL EM ALL!!

kingmonty

Expert Member
<sarcasm>
No, things in South Africa is perfect. There's nothing wrong in this country.
</sarcasm>

Fukcing animals. These poor people were tortured for 4 hours? Now who can read this story and tell me poverty caused this? Or Apartheid?

pupa

Banned
Sub Saharan African ShIIt! They should be given a public necklace! {text removed by mod}

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunny

Expert Member
My buddy showed me this story this morning while we where having coffee, reading it made me sick to my stomache I nearly threw up.
How do you do something like that to a fellow human being and live with yourself after.
Truely sick ppl that did that.

Phaff

Its just terrible, what makes me so angry is that some peophaul will come along and give a reason why it was OK for them to break in. They should have been shot sommer there and then! Husbandless for a TV and DVD player...what a shame.

spiderz

Honorary Master
So way don't people get themselve some guns so they can at least stand a chance of defending themselves?

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Phaff said:
Its just terrible, what makes me so angry is that some peophaul will come along and give a reason why it was OK for them to break in. They should have been shot sommer there and then! Husbandless for a TV and DVD player...what a shame.
My first thought was when I saw the article those lacky's will have an excuse "its a democracy and its what the people want " . But this is just too sad.

Gunny

Expert Member
spiderz said:
So way don't people get themselve some guns so they can at least stand a chance of defending themselves?
Because my home is my home and ppl should respect that, buying a gun opens me up to violence and I'm not violent in nature.

Have you ever shot somebody ? its hectic man you sit and wonder if the other person would really have shot you? do you want to go thru life knowing you ended somebodys life.

or have I got too much of a concience ?

.geek

Expert Member
teraside said:
I'm not even going to read the article, (I'm too sensitive), but I agree with you swordfish, KILL EM ALL!!
That makes no sense to me. Too sensitive to read that article, but keen for people to be executed?

spiderz

Honorary Master
Gunny said:
Because my home is my home and ppl should respect that, buying a gun opens me up to violence and I'm not violent in nature.

Have you ever shot somebody ? its hectic man you sit and wonder if the other person would really have shot you? do you want to go thru life knowing you ended somebodys life.

Man's home was always his castle. Now it's a shopping place for criminals. No, I’ve never had to shoot someone, and hope I never have to. Owning a weapon does not make "open to violence". I do give you a fighting change when you really really need it.

You don't go out and buy a car with seatbelt, airbags & abs because you gonna go drive it into a wall/car/telkom building. You get those safety because if you do get into a accident, they might make the difference in you getting alive out of a bad situation.

"In the absence of good men, evil flourish."

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Gunny said:

It does open you to violence but also depends on what kind of person you are and like you say you are not a violent person. So I doubt you will go mad and kill the neighbours etc :D

But it can be used as a safety precaution locking it up in a safe so you know if the time comes you will be able to use it. (Not directed at u gunny )

Phaff

Dont be passive

Gunny said:

?
..but all the bad guys have guns, when some dude confronts you with a gun what are you going to do?? Use harsh language??
If some ass is breaking into my house at 3am with a AK47 in his hands it’s not because he wants a sandwich. I can plead with him to leave but I somehow don’t think he will listen.
Only when I yank out my Glock and put a few hollow tips in him will he get the idea that at 3am we don’t want coffee guests via the spare room window.

If its him or me....its going to be him for sure..

Gunny

Expert Member
Ok so you have a gun in the safe and someone breaks your door down will you get to it before you get a gun pointed at you ?

Phaff

You can be real vigilant and take the gun out every night, that becomes a pain in the rear...rather just put in an alarm, if the window opens wider than the first click it makes a noise.
If that does not chase them/him you have a few seconds to get to the safe. (hell, provided you have not hidden the thing under the bed, in that case you better get a "Please be Patient getting my gun" sign to hand to the robbers)

I am not advocating violence, I would just rather be able to defend myself than sit and watch helpless as the rape and kill my family before doing me in.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Depends you get people who lock their bedroom doors when they go to sleep if you got the safe in ur room and hear them in the house get that gun out and shoot the brains out :D

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Gunny said:
Ok so you have a gun in the safe and someone breaks your door down will you get to it before you get a gun pointed at you ?
I agree. Current legislature only allows you to have a licensed firearm if it’s locked in an unmovable safe. What’s the point in having a weapon that is so locked away, rendering it useless? It's a lost cause.

The worst part of this whole incident - had the family defended themselves and killed/disabled their attackers, a case of assault would have been opened against them. They would’ve had to face a court, trying to prove they needed to defend themselves against the attackers!
I don't know if anyone remembers that incident where a family were burgled in their Pretoria home. The eldest son shot and killed 4 of the 5 of the burglars. The 4th and the 5th fled for their lives and the son chased them down, killing one and seriously wounding the other. The boy was charged with assault with a deadly weapon by the surviving burglar and was ordered by the courts to go for psychiatric treatment because he was deemed clinically unstable because of his actions?!
So much for self defence....