Robotic Vacuum Cleaners - Reviews and Suggestions

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Does anyone know where to buy the Roborock vacuums? As far as I have it there's been a name change from Xaiomi on some models and it looks like this has created a bit of a mess in terms of stock availability.
Xaiomi = Roborock.

So you can import from Banggood or buy direct from Mi Africa.

If you see TA discount them usually it’s the same and better directly.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Xaiomi = Roborock.

So you can import from Banggood or buy direct from Mi Africa.

If you see TA discount them usually it’s the same and better directly.
They only seem to stock the one model though?
Anyway, will wait for a discount I think. Thanks.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
They only seem to stock the one model though?
Anyway, will wait for a discount I think. Thanks.
Yeah they never seem to carry more than one model of the same thing.

Likely when stock is gone will possibly get newer models.

Pe-Killer

Expert Member
I wish there was a bigger variety of robotic vacuums available in ZA. All the Robotic vacuums that gets good reviews isn't available in ZA. Yes you can import it , but it normally comes with a hefty price.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I wish there was a bigger variety of robotic vacuums available in ZA. All the Robotic vacuums that gets good reviews isn't available in ZA. Yes you can import it , but it normally comes with a hefty price.
The Mi is fkn awesome. Seriously. I am so impressed with it. I had NO idea how much dirt accumulates on the floors of my house every day.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Hefty price ultimately depends where you shop.

Banggood gets it to your door for much the same price as local.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The Mi is fkn awesome. Seriously. I am so impressed with it. I had NO idea how much dirt accumulates on the floors of my house every day.
I’m especially keen for it cleaning under the beds and couches which hardly ever happens now.

When I get one that is.

Method

Executive Member
We have the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum. It works great. Goes around obstacles, maps out the room and the self docking is so cool.

Had the Taurus one first, but took it back. It's absolute rubbish. Just moves around in any direction.

Zen17h

I have decided I am going to reprogram the robot with sound bites from Warcraft peons.

My wife will not approve but tough.
Xiaomi? If so, how? Is is a firmware hack thing, or much simpler than I'm thinking?

*puts cardboard box over vaccuum*
Vaccuum: We're being attacked!

Edit: This?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Xiaomi? If so, how? Is is a firmware hack thing, or much simpler than I'm thinking?

*puts cardboard box over vaccuum*
Vaccuum: We're being attacked!

Edit: This?
I've rooted mine and installed valetudo. Being able to ssh in / scp files means I can just replace teh wav files.... (or use the voice pack stuff you linked to)

hahahaha going through a Peon soundboard now...

"My tummy feels funny" for when the bin needs to be emptied :ROFL:

Last edited:

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

I agree totally, just wish it had a bigger dust collector, because with 4 cats and two dogs that little thing gets full quickly, but it really is a great investment.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Oy vey. Wimminz.
My wife decided to clean the hepa filter, despite the "do not rinse" and "no water" signs all over the dust bin.

/sigh

Now got to wait for a shipment from china.

biometrics

Honorary Master

Ares1000101

Its on special for R4899 at smarphoneshop. we have 2 cats and hair is an issue.
Curious if this vacuum will be up to the task. We have laminate flooring throughout, kitchen and bathroom have tiles...

biometrics

Honorary Master
Its on special for R4899 at smarphoneshop. we have 2 cats and hair is an issue.
Curious if this vacuum will be up to the task. We have laminate flooring throughout, kitchen and bathroom have tiles...
Acceptable price.

Flooring is perfect, go for it.