Robotic Vacuum Cleaners - Reviews and Suggestions

Thor

Honorary Master
You can, simply do it on the app.
Maybe it changed? He also can't seem to get that working, it was the deal-breaker for me because I have cats so the balcony door stays open.

I have found no way of exuding certain areas e.g. under the couch. I wish they had such an option. There is magnetic tape available that you can buy that would create a virtual wall for your sliding doors etc. I haven't tried this myself.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Also Xiomi doesn't have Lidar. Has a spinning laser but it's not lidarTM iirc
Wasting my time here it seems.

Lidar stands for LIght Detection and Ranging and is very similar to the better known Radar. Basically, a laser pulse is sent out of a transmitter and the light particles (photons) are scattered back to the receiver.

biometrics

Honorary Master
You cant set it to exclude certain areas - at least my one could not.
I use magnectic strips to do that, e.g.

There is a firmware update where you can set virtual walls too.

Thor

Honorary Master
The Xiaomi is okey for the price (expensive compared to what you get in that bracket) (except data belongs to china) but its not a bad vacuum, but once you get a taste of the real deal, Roomba and Shark then you can't go back. self-emptying, self-charging, self-cleaning, deep carpet cleaning etc and CRAZY suction power.

It's just on a different level. It's like the A-series Samsung phones (they are fantastic), but you can't compare it to the Note 10 pro.

The Xiaomi is $369.99 the top of the range robot vacuum cleaner is the shark @ $446.63 so for not even a $100 more you get the real deal with all the bells and whistles

biometrics

Honorary Master
self-emptying, self-charging, self-cleaning, deep carpet cleaning etc and CRAZY suction power.
I give you self-emptying (at an addtional cost), but the rest it does: self-charging, deep carpet cleaning and suction power. The default is "balanced", you can set it in the app to much more powerful suction.

calypso

Expert Member
The Xiaomi doesn't do all that, but the Shark does yes, the no go zones work well as well plus it has GPS.

An added bonus is that it does not send your data to china like Xiaomi does (you think those products are cheap because giggles? Chinese state subsidies comes with conditions)
GPS?

Anyways no need to this to become a dick measureing contest. Im out.

doubletrouble

Expert Member
Firmware where? More info please?
My firmware is up to date according to MI home.
check this post:

biometrics

Honorary Master
Firmware where? More info please?
My firmware is up to date according to MI home.
Custom firmware:

See post #4

And with this you can get rid of @Thor's China fears.

Speedster

Executive Member
The Xiaomi is okey for the price (expensive compared to what you get in that bracket) (except data belongs to china) but its not a bad vacuum, but once you get a taste of the real deal, Roomba and Shark then you can't go back. self-emptying, self-charging, self-cleaning, deep carpet cleaning etc and CRAZY suction power.

It's just on a different level. It's like the A-series Samsung phones (they are fantastic), but you can't compare it to the Note 10 pro.

The Xiaomi is $369.99 the top of the range robot vacuum cleaner is the shark @ $446.63 so for not even a $100 more you get the real deal with all the bells and whistles
I'm sure the Shark is crazy awesome. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available locally though. Amazon will deliver the Shark to my door for R7245. I paid R3400 for my Xiaomi, so we're looking at more than double the price.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Custom firmware:

See post #4

And with this you can get rid of @Thor's China fears.
ah ok never mind. I like sending my data to china since I also use Mi Home with other Xioami ecosystem products....