Roger Federer is the King of Athlete Endorsements

McT

The Humble Scot!
When the defending champion Roger Federer stepped on the Center Court at Wimbledon for his first round match on Monday, many spectators had to look twice before realizing it was indeed the 36-year-old Swiss stepping onto the court. It wasn’t a new haircut or a beard that threw them off, but Federer’s unfamiliar outfit: for the first time in his professional career, the Swiss maestro wasn’t dressed in Nike. Instead Federer wore gear made by the Japanese brand Uniqlo.

More at source: Statista

McT

The Humble Scot!
Tiger Woods gets money even if he is not winning tournaments.

Phil Mickelson on the other hand doesn't deserve a dime :mad:

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Interesting that Lewis Hamilton doesn't make that list. He seems a fairly marketable fella...

Interesting that Lewis Hamilton doesn't make that list. He seems a fairly marketable fella...
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/...th-salary-and-sponsorship-deals-of-f1-driver/

Hamilton has endorsement or sponsorship deals with the following brands:

IWC (watch manufacturer)

Monster Energy Drinks

L'Oreal

Bose

Puma

MV Agusta Motorcycles

Bombardier Recreational Products

A combination of these brands nets Hamilton an additional £6m per year on top of his Mercedes salary.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
He's become the male Anna Kournikova.
He has a history of success on his side (unlike AK). People want to see him succeed again and as a result, he pulls crowds like no other. Watch a tournament where he is playing versus one where he isn't. There is a noticeable difference in the size of the galleries lining the fairways.

McT

The Humble Scot!
He has a history of success on his side (unlike AK). People want to see him succeed again and as a result, he pulls crowds like no other. Watch a tournament where he is playing versus one where he isn't. There is a noticeable difference in the size of the galleries lining the fairways.
QFT ^

Seen it also in stats that television audiences have swelled by his appearance in tournaments.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Kei Nishikori is a surprise on that list
I was also surprised, but it is most likely because it is a way for sponsors to reach the Asian market. He is the only high-ranking Asian male tennis player, which makes him very marketable.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
My interest has shot through the roof with him back this year. I watch the entire final 2 rounds every week now, even when he's not playing. He has that aura. And the crowd reacts differently when he does something brilliant.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
My interest has shot through the roof with him back this year. I watch the entire final 2 rounds every week now, even when he's not playing. He has that aura. And the crowd reacts differently when he does something brilliant.
Yup, agreed. I love a good comeback story and I'm desperately hoping he wins another major.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Yup, agreed. I love a good comeback story and I'm desperately hoping he wins another major.
Indeed. He has shown some brilliant glimpses, and then he has 4 or 5 bad holes that would put him totally out of contention.

I hope it is just concentration issues due to not playing for so long, but I suspect he is mentally less than perfect due to his "exploits", which would be sad, because it would mean that he will never be the same. And if that sounds like a stretch, I am suspecting that because, before the events in 2008, he had never lost holding a share of the lead going into the final round, yet it happened quite often straight after that.