Roger Telemachus: South African cricket was controlled by a clique of white players

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Hence why there would be wonderful poetic justice if those two come in, fix the whole racism thing, then pick up an ODI World Cup trophy thus redeeming themselves for 1999.

I'll have the screenplay ready the same night it happens.
Until the CSA itself is purged of the crap in its ranks, and I mean the admin staff and executive, there is zero hope of fixing cricket in SA

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Forget Thami but if there is someone that can legitimately make a case for being screwed over, it's Rudi Second. I understand that he's been competing with QDK for almost ten years who has the better over him but he's got a FC and List A average of 40+. Should they not have given him a go in those matches they played Dane Vilas and Heino Kuhn?

The selectors seem to view Verreynne as the successor to QDK so the only way I can see Second playing is if they need to send Verreynne back to domestic cricket to refine his technique and use Second as the temporary fix given he is now 32-years-old.

But even if Verreynne needs to be sent back to sort himself out, they could still use Rickelton as a keeper so he might retire without being capped at international level.

But every country seems to have those good players who fall through the cracks. It's probably a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

stefan9

Executive Member
Interesting part there is they are also referring to enoch nkwe's resignation not just the sjn report. If there is even more mark "level 2 " boucher is in the deep end.

3WA

Honorary Master
Interesting part there is they are also referring to enoch nkwe's resignation not just the sjn report. If there is even more mark "level 2 " boucher is in the deep end.

If there's lingering mistrust about what happened with Enoch, then it's good they're dealing with it all in one process. Don't want him to deal with one set of charges and then when that finishes there's still a whole lot of unresolved issues.

Other thing is I hope this doesn't go on too long, because stay or go, the team needs clarity and stability.

bridgeburner

This is CSA's statement:

Gonna be interesting to see what, if any, effect this has on player performance in the remaining ODIs in the India series.

I mean you gotta question the timing of this... in the middle of a series... could it not have waited till next week? Boucher is going to have to face the music one way or the other, but they could have at least waited till this ODI series was completed before issuing their charges. Its like they want us to fail.

3WA

Honorary Master
I mean you gotta question the timing of this... in the middle of a series... could it not have waited till next week? Boucher is going to have to face the music one way or the other, but they could have at least waited till this ODI series was completed before issuing their charges. Its like they want us to fail.

Agree with that. Adams said his piece months ago, it's been a long time, a few more days couldn't hurt.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Does he resign with some dignity or wait for them to give him the inevitable chop?

stefan9

Executive Member
Does he resign with some dignity or wait for them to give him the inevitable chop?
If he resigns he basically says he is a racist and there goes most future jobs. Only.option he has is trying to fight it.

Don't think he has a much of a defense.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
NO! he must **** off with his level 2

justice delayed is justice denied... and now i remember that clip of that MP as i type this... :X3:

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Jesus being charged for something that allegedly happened, 20 years ago? What a **** up this **** hole is.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Jesus being charged for something that allegedly happened, 20 years ago? What a **** up this **** hole is.

Dude, do you just always aim to take the white persons side? Your history seems to suggest so.

We don't really know what is up here, but if Boucher is guilty, he should take responsbility.

PrimeSteak

Expert Member
Dude, do you just always aim to take the white persons side? Your history seems to suggest so.

We don't really know what is up here, but if Boucher is guilty, he should take responsbility.
Btw what did Boucher do? And what is he being charged for?

(Saw him being mentioned on the news for being charged with something and I'm curious)

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
If he resigns he basically says he is a racist and there goes most future jobs. Only.option he has is trying to fight it.

Don't think he has a much of a defense.
He's already condemned, and it looks like they want to make an example out of him.

3WA

Honorary Master
Btw what did Boucher do? And what is he being charged for?
Together with other team members, called Paul Adams a brown schit in a song in post-match celebrations. May have also used the term in other contexts.