Router Battery Backup

The starting state of charge is obviously a factor. Chances are that the battery was still relatively charged after the load shedding. Also, charging time is determined by Watts, not amps. A 12v 2A charger has 10 times more power than a 5v 0.5A charger.
That's the thing, there was no loadshedding since I got it. I guess they shipped it fully charged.

Just received it today.
Little disappointed because it came in a bubble wrap, no box or user guide or warranty card etc.
The dc splitter is short. U cant connect both devices using this splitter cable unless they are on top of each other. So I had to extend it using a female and a male plug. It's working like it should.
Charging is a little slow, I removed it and plugged it in with a 1.5amp powersupply and it's been like that for the last 4 hours or so and it is still not fully charged. But that's not a problem because it will have enough time charge itself between loadshedding.
I will say I am happy with it.
What's the battery capacity on that? Can't find it on the site.

What is the best way to extend the length of those Gizzu cables? Where can I get male-female extensions if I don’t want to cut? Just need half a meter

The router is a hap ac2.
The power adapter indicates that it outputs 24volt 800mA

What options are there to keep this router working during load shedding?

The router is a hap ac2.
The power adapter indicates that it outputs 24volt 800mA

What options are there to keep this router working during load shedding?
DC jack input Voltage 12-30 V
You can use any micro UPS that outputs 12V.

PoE in input Voltage 18-28 V
Or any of the ones that do PoE (Power over Ethernet) at 24V.

Evening everyone,

I have a few Gizzu’s arriving tomorrow if anyone is still looking, also hoping to get the Ratel 430 early next week for testing before I list for sale so will keep everyone posted on how that goes.

Ordered on Wednesday, arrived just now in Pretoria. Thanks for the efficient service! I'm using the Gizzu to power my Mikrotik antenna through POE, and TP-Link router on 12V. Everything looks solid

What is the best way to extend the length of those Gizzu cables? Where can I get male-female extensions if I don’t want to cut? Just need half a meter
These ones?

Thanks, I have ordered it, also my first time ordering from Geewiz.
Will revert with feedback once it arrives.

Ordered the Gizzu yesterday at around 15:40 and it was processed and shipped by 17:00.
Arrived in here in Durban at 10:30 - That was quick!

It comes fully charged out of the box and comes with a DC splitter to connect 2 devices.
It's very easy to use as well, selected the correct voltage and the router powered on.

Just ordered a Gizzu from GeeWiz. The Ratel would have been nice, especially with the optional solar panel charging. But I have a spare Ubiquiti Bullet radio lying in a desk drawer. The POE injector will come in handy for that.

I am losing my mind here... What DC tip does your average Frogfoot ONT use? Cannot find much on this AMIGO AMS66-1200500FV. I want to power the ONT with an external 12V source, without cutting off the tip on the original adapter, so I have been sporadically buying random adapters/tips, with the hope that I would land on one that fit, but absolutely no luck so far.

Tried,
But random ones I got from china a few decades ago. No specs on these.

DC connector has 1.7mm Inner diameter/4.8mm Outer diameter. Seems too small on the outer side.

No info available. Looks like the same 1.7mm Inner diameter as above, but the outer diameter seems to match that of the ONT adapter. Possibly 5.0/5.5mm?

Page states 2.1mm. I assume that must be the inner? Outer is possibly 5.0/5.5mm.

No luck. The Amigo adapter does plug into the backend of the splitter, as does the 'hikvision' cable.

Also looking to extend the Gizzu splitter cable. The one in the box is just too damn short.

Does any1 know a store in cape town nothern sub which stocks all these IEC cables types for ups?

Just ordered a Gizzu from GeeWiz. The Ratel would have been nice, especially with the optional solar panel charging. But I have a spare Ubiquiti Bullet radio lying in a desk drawer. The POE injector will come in handy for that.

Amazing service. The parcel was shipped and tracking shows it en route to the nearest depot.

Yeah Geewiz is seriously underrated in this country
Not always. I had a real crappy experience late last year, where they dispatched the wrong item, then needed me to jump through hoops to prove it was the wrong item, then not bothering to pick up the wrong item, etc, etc... It took about 3 to 4 weeks of constant following-up before I eventually had my refund.

Back