Royalty Line 16 Pieces Marble Coating Cookware Set - Takealot

Murmaider

We have the Royalty pot set, they great and I honestly don't have any complaints about it.

Mimen

Berlinger Hause sucks

Berlinger Hause sucks. Nicked and enamel coming off. Photos included look for white stripes and marks. Sorry can't see how to upload photos on App.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Any updates on the Berlinger Haus type pots/pans? I'm considering a set, but reviews seem to vary between "excellent, works well for years" and "handles are bubbling and colour is coming off" everywhere I look... :/

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Any updates on the Berlinger Haus type pots/pans? I'm considering a set, but reviews seem to vary between "excellent, works well for years" and "handles are bubbling and colour is coming off" everywhere I look... :/
They're cheap chinese products, so do with that info as you will.

You would be better served, in my opinion, buying some stuff like Lodge cast iron from Yuppiechef... or just general name branded things if you are looking for a complete set.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I'm looking for "good" cookware, but not those "R2k a pot" price type deals, you know. I enjoy cooking, but can't spend a month's salary on a set. That'll be stupid. I'll look around a bit more - I'm scared of buying after seeing some of these terrible reviews.

froot

Honorary Master
I'm looking for "good" cookware, but not those "R2k a pot" price type deals, you know. I enjoy cooking, but can't spend a month's salary on a set. That'll be stupid. I'll look around a bit more - I'm scared of buying after seeing some of these terrible reviews.
Take a look at Scanpan then. Their pots and pans are pretty good apparently.
I've got Le Creuset for pots, etc, but my Scanpan knives are decent.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Le Creuset is nice and all, but they're asking like R4k for a damn pot (24cm), from their "cheaper" ranges. Holy hell.

EDIT: That being said, what's the feel in AMC these days?

EDIT2: Never mind, saw AMC's pricing.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Le Creuset is nice and all, but they're asking like R4k for a damn pot (24cm), from their "cheaper" ranges. Holy hell.

EDIT: That being said, what's the feel in AMC these days?

EDIT2: Never mind, saw AMC's pricing.
I have an AMC pan and it's great except it takes forever to warm up because it has this super thick base. That actually puts me off using it as much as I'd like to. It's also too heavy to flip food on. I really need a good quality 12-14" skillet. The Le Creuset one is calling to me...

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Think I'm going to buy a basic 3-pot cast iron set. It's not very expensive and quality is not an issue with cast iron.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Think I'm going to buy a basic 3-pot cast iron set. It's not very expensive and quality is not an issue with cast iron.
Yeah I would suggest something along these line...

Buy something basic, and over time you can replace with things like LeCreuset etc....

Ecko_1

I've got a set of Tissoli pots from Game that mum bought me. Been using it a year without issue

musha

I bought a set of these about three or four years ago, cannot remember exactly.
I was and still am very impressed.
Yea, bought a 6 piece knife set about 2 years ago, still going strong today with a titanium coating.
Sharpened the chefs knife twice, and no sign of significant wear.

APoc184

Honorary Master
We got one of the Berlinger Haus marble coated frying pans and also a 2 piece chef and Santuka knife set for our camping kitchen.

Used it with great success the first camping weekend and even took it out of the camping kit when we got back. And now using them all a few times a week at home.

For the price paid it really is great value. Not expecting it to last a lifetime like my Le Crueset stuff but I certainly can't fault it at all.

chado

I bought a knife set off OneDayOnly and even though it was cheap, I still feel ripped off. The quality of these knives are appalling- within 2 months of LIGHT use the handles broke and the blades went blunt. Do not recommend.