RTX graphics cards get big price cuts in SA

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
RTX graphics cards get big price cuts in SA

Nvidia recently launched its new GeForce RTX Super-branded graphics cards, which boast increased core counts, clock speeds, and performance compared to the older RTX models.

South African retailers listed the new graphics cards on their online stores shortly after the launch, with the pricing of these products being similar to their predecessors.

ZuluKing

This answers it all RTX280 Super is GTX1080. Wait a year to see Nivida next generation to compete with 8K PS5 & 8K XBOX2.

Ryansr

Expert Member
This answers it all RTX280 Super is GTX1080. Wait a year to see Nivida next generation to compete with 8K PS5 & 8K XBOX2.
Never heard of that card before but found it posted online: :unsure:
Screenshot_20190721-164457__01.jpg

Lupus

Honorary Master
I honestly doubt the next two consoles are going to be 8k. Considering that they've just gotten 4k kind of.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I honestly doubt the next two consoles are going to be 8k. Considering that they've just gotten 4k kind of.
If it can play any game at 8K they can advertise it as an 8K console, so if it can run a side scroller in 8K it's a 8K console.

Genisys

Executive Member
Oh no, the consoles will support 8K!!!!! 8K at 2FPS is still 8K, only difference is that PC gamers won't allow them self to go through that torture.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood

PS5 and Nextbox won't be as powerful as existing high-end PCs, and they won't even be great at 4K nevermind 8K. Sony and MS can't afford to put $3000+ worth of components into their consoles. I'm sure they'll be very nice but that will largely be due to developers being able to extract as much as possible from a fixed set of specs, and the usual tricks and gimmicks used to output at high resolution. Consoles should rather focus on 1080p looking and performing as good as possible imo and skip all the deception.

That's not to hate on consoles. They can be a good value proposition, especially the Nextbox with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. But they shouldn't be compared to PC when they're so different.

blaaislaai

Executive Member
Still too expensive, shave off another R1 - R2k then we have good deals

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Pushed button on EVGA 2080 TI XC ultra. 15k on Newegg. Shipping and duties spoiled it a bit but still 7k cheaper than what I can get it for here.