RUGBY: Lions supporters thread !

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Here's another LIONS supporter - with high, but realistic, expectations for the S14. Having a Lions thread is a good idea. I just hope it will be respected and not be bombarded with anti-Lions posts by non-supporters.

A thread-killing topic if I ever saw one :D
The Lions Rule. I get my Game tickets from Mac Hendrick's Daughter she works with me.

The new team with all the new young guns... Gr8 can't wait for the Super 14.
I'll be on Ellispark on the 02/02/2007 @ 19:00

The Cosmos

Executive Member
Great to see you guys !

The Lions are going to rule the Currie Cup this year. Loffie has done wonders in the second half of last season. Really looking forward to their progress in S14, although (not being a pessimist) the step up might be too big for loffie for his first season in charge. But we can always hope ! :D Maybe we will be surprised !
I'm a die hard lions fan. Got the flag, jersey, cap, even the tie ! Also the keyring. I wonder what's still missing. :D

An idea is to meet up at ellis and go watch the game, all of us ! Just a thought !

Go LIONS !

Last edited:
O yea... For those guys who have hot Wifes and Girl friends.

There is an Audition for the Cheerleaders in Roodepoort/Constantia Virgin Gym today @ 19:00

BeVonk!

Executive Member
I'm In....

Bought the new Jersey and I'm having it signed by the whole team next week Thuesday.

See u all @ Ellispark Friday !
Pitbull,

where did you buy yours, EPS? Price? Is both versions (red / white) available to the public?

citnamor

Lions will loose their Fans this way

I am a Lions supporter - for how long I don't know. The disrespect they showed their fans last night was dismal - I was really peeved. I am sick & tired of South African teams treating their fans with such disrespect...if we lost because of a better team, I will die in the trenches with the boys...

What the Lions did was mope around the field...they aren't fit at all. I never saw a Waratah with his hands on his hips, sitting or even looking like he was about to collapse.

In fact, after the game, coaches were out on the field doing stuff with the reserves - the whole team stayed on the field. I hate Aussies but I have to take my hat off that they are Professionals and know how to act the part.

My friends in red, I would expect you to be fit at least...fit at least. I saw so many forwards who are not fit...and don't give me the "Well the season just started" excuse, you are a professional so be one. If my doctor cut off half my leg and replied, "Well, that was the first OP I had to do in 3 years" I'd be happy with his excuse? No, you need to be fit. What is even worse, the Altitude should have counted in our favor. It's a shame...

Seeing that it's Super 14, they have 2 chances with me, sadly only one left. This from a fan who could tell you stories of all the places I have gone to watch the boys play...you are breaking my heart. I don't like the Bulls either but they have heart...and Loftus is just down the road.

How many fans feel like I do...I hope you guys had a good look at Ellis Park last night, don't think it will be that full again. One more chance.

Sorry I am venting guys but it is so frustrating...where do you vent your anger?

:mad:

Boodles

Executive Member

I I hate Aussies but I have to take my hat off that they are Professionals and know how to act the part.

:mad:
It did take Australia many years to convert their sporting codes to absoloute professionalism. And i must say that here in SA, it has barely started. And because of Aussies success on the field, they are often disliked, but at the same time they are admired and copied.

Australias coaches for many different codes are poached around the world. Including SA rugby. But, and this is the important part, you can have any coach you choose, but if the sporting 'system' isnt properly setup then you might as well use a 5 year old to coach them.

I dont think SA will ever have its sporting system properly set-up. There are too many other issues here to deal with, and to spend money on. Having a proper sporting system does cost alot of money.

Pitbull

Verboten
I'm Sorry but I agree with citnamor

The Waratahs ofter the game they we're streching again ... The reserves where doing lines sprints and they never left the field. The new guy on Wing "11" (Don't know who he is) He was out of possition 90 % of the time. Earl kept on where he left off last year, He never passes and kicks our possestion away. They need to get their act together. To the two Louis's they did good nice tactical kicking from the number 10 Louis and a nice try by the number 14 Louis.

Guys you'd better wake up soon !