Rugbypass in SA with VPN help needed

Hi all

I spoke to someone over the weekend and gave me some advice about Rugbypass and using a VPN in SA

I downloaded Rugbypass and took the monthly subscription. I then downloaded a few free VPN services off the Playstore.

Unfortunately that did work as the app still picked up my location. I then registered for a VPN that's $1.99 a month and try it that way but also not working.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

VicB

Have you tried a SmartDNS service? Something like http://www.smartdnsproxy.com

Edit: I have no issues streaming Rugby from ESPN+ with SmartDNS, VPN's don't work
I'm also watching rugby on ESPN+, but changing DNs settings all the time for a Smartdns service is just a pain. I setup a guest network that is always connected to a VPN service, so just switching networks effectively allows VPN access or local internet.

Works very well to watch ESPN+ & Hulu

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I'm also watching rugby on ESPN+, but changing DNs settings all the time for a Smartdns service is just a pain. I setup a guest network that is always connected to a VPN service, so just switching networks effectively allows VPN access or local internet.

I just leave my DNS settings as is with the provided smart DNS IP's, no need to change it all the time, unless it breaks something on your side?

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
So it's been $20 for the monthly subscription and $1.99 for the VPN and no luck so far? Eina.

I checked out the website. Geez. This is only available in a couple of Asian countries... :confused:
I guess its because the broadcast rights are all tied up to the big media houses such as $upersport, ESPN etc

Solitude

Expert Member
I wish we can get something like RugbyPass in South Africa. Dstv Premium is too expensive and I'd like to have access to all the live rugby.

johanlr

This is a little late but have you tried PIA they have a 7-day money back guarantee. save a few bucks with this link.
[URL="https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/linus-tech-tips[/URL]

Christo4

Which DNS service do you use. Please enlighten us to why it is necessary.

VicB

I just leave my DNS settings as is with the provided smart DNS IP's, no need to change it all the time, unless it breaks something on your side?
It makes online gaming near impossible. Or let me say it puts you into North American servers, which creates a lot of lag and makes for an unpleasant experience. All latency sensitive applications will suffer from being connected permanently to a SmartDNS.

Christo4

I read you. The way you talk about the negatives of dns I took it that you had a bad experience. So tell us more
or are you giving us information from hearsay.
I have used DNSproxy for a long time and cannot agree with you. Maybe the wrong SP?