Rules about cigarette sales and smoking during lockdown - Legal expert explains

saor

Honorary Master
“The only problem is when we find it in a car and you fail to show us where you did you get the cigarette and when,”
“But if the cigarette was there in your thousand loose and you’re smoking in your home, really, we’re not coming into your house and arrest you.”
Wut.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Full facts:
A. Active smoking adds a small % of protection from getting it. (China, Italy, France and UK admission records shows this to be true)
B. If you stop smoking during this ban you take that protection away.
C. To recover from smoking you need more than 2 years not just 2 weeks or months.
In both A and B your need for ventilation stay the same.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Full facts:
A. Active smoking adds a small % of protection from getting it. (China, Italy, France and UK admission records shows this to be true)
B. If you stop smoking during this ban you take that protection away.
C. To recover from smoking you need more than 2 years not just 2 weeks or months.
In both A and B your need for ventilation stay the same.
This is the main reason

markings

Expert Member
As far as I would interpret the regulation it is only the sale of cigarettes that is prohibited. Anything else, buying, transport without any limit, in whatever form, and smoking is allowed.

Tun@

Expert Member
As far as I would interpret the regulation it is only the sale of cigarettes that is prohibited. Anything else, buying, transport without any limit, in whatever form, and smoking is allowed.
Exactly so how does it warrant a MINISTER(Police) to babble such bs without reprimand.....circus
Maybe he should be arrested for spreading fake news

Last edited:

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
And these are the people "leading" us. I'm sure a 1st grader could have done better.
The bunch of power drunk racists making the rules in the new IMPROVED SA right now arent leaders... they are kids on a power trip.

If the ANC gets the majority vote in the next elections, that will explain why they see the need to treat the people like idiots .......... because they are.

noxibox

Honorary Master
When you pay the same price for a loose that you paid for a full packet before you more likely to share as to not waste money. I for one share that I did not do before.
Normally quite a lot of a cigarette goes to waste. It makes sense to pass an expensive one around so that most of the smoke goes into someone's lungs. Probably smoke it right down to the filter too.

But then I doubt the ban has anything to do with the publicly stated excuses.

wingnut771

Executive Member
In my opinion this is almost certainly driven by some kind of kickback from the illicit tobacco trade.

Zuma's new Gupta.
i'm never buying cigarettes in a normal shop ever again after this lockdown bs is over. if the powers' that be don't want my tax, then so be it.