Russian government resigns as Putin proposes reforms that could extend his grip on power

zeck

she said that because it seems you still think russia is the ussr, youre clinging to it. the place has changed guy.

brainwashing? so hang on, anything positive said by or about their government is propaganda and brainwashing and everything negative is true? ...issues

btw i see their media every day(iptv), not much brainwashing going on. its normal movies and tv shows in russian, lost of family and health and fashion and nation building type stuff in their talk shows. theres this one show thats a political free for all, people talk all amounts of crap and its allowed, for and against their own government. their comedy channel even makes jokes about their government and putin sometimes. how is this not better than when you left. and no they dont vilify gay people either anymore. the last time i watched a bit of their national talent show some clearly gay dude won. nothing bad happened to him or was said about him.

i used to be a mainstream muppet that believed everything i heard about russia, until i went there and communicated with people, married one.. every now and them some guy stuck in the past makes a noise, you seem like one of them unfortunately.
Since you're so "progressive", what are your views on blocking of the opposition parties to run for Moscow municipal elections?

Germans in 1939 also thought the Nazi regime was amazing.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I literally have all the main Russian channels available to me and can confirm the propaganda.
and you have all the main USA channels available to you as well and can confirm the propaganda

what's your point?

zeck

and you have all the main USA channels available to you as well and can confirm the propaganda

what's your point?
American media is actually too liberal. Example, fox news trash. You can run infowars without any repercussions.
Look up what happened to NTV channel.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
what are your views on blocking of the opposition parties to run for Moscow municipal elections?
The anti-Russia, US propaganda view:
Damn that Putin who blocks anyone who opposes him

The pro-Russia propaganda view:
those candidates were found to have used forged signatures to meet the minimum number required to register, hence they were not allowed to register

Now tell us how you decide which bit of propaganda to believe?

Brenden_E

Expert Member

those candidates were found to have used forged signatures to meet the minimum number required to register, hence they were not allowed to register

Please tell me that you don't believe, even in the slightest, that the Russian political climate is fair and open to competition. Because that, son, would be so daft I would be speechless.

zeck

Did you just read the headlines?

Initially the electoral commission didn't have a reason for blocking the parties, which caused massive protests in Moscow (a cop got a bonus for punching a woman). The commission then later stated at an appeals hearing that the signatures were forged and didn't provide any evidence.

Lady literally just read a letter and went off on Sobchak.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Please tell me that you don't believe, even in the slightest, that the Russian political climate is fair and open to competition. Because that, son, would be so daft I would be speechless.
Didn't say that, I'm saying I don't trust the western propaganda either, I can distrust both perspectives without a problem.

I get the strong sense however most people believe you must trust one or the other, which is ironic when both sides have a vested interest in lying.

access

Executive Member
Actually I don't cling to the past at all, but you're ignoring all the revisionism and glorification of the USSR on the TV then? You probably believe the 28 Panfilovtsev story too.

What politically free show are you talking about? The staged talk shows every evening with pathetic show hosts who shout and interrupt anyone who doesn't follow his line?

You sound like every "woke" Russian pensioner right now. The government is still pretty homophobic. Your winner was probably Kirkorov or some other state clown.
28 Panfilovtsev, that war movie made about the propaganda story. cool story..

revisionism and glorification... you mean like hollywood does? forking lawl.

i watched the sobibor movie recently, good movie, but im not going to take a movie as a historical fact. unless its specifically made and announced as that, even then still with a pinch of salt.

yes the show currently on channel 1 is one of them or just finished. the guy doesnt always get his way. i also argued at first that the guy is coached and has an agenda, until i was shown its not always the case. it now seems he just makes people argue more for kicks.

Since you're so "progressive", what are your views on blocking of the opposition parties to run for Moscow municipal elections?

Germans in 1939 also thought the Nazi regime was amazing.
i think its dodgy as hell, but i dont know the full story. i know for a fact that stuff against russia is fabricated, ive looked at an emtpy street corner from a hotel window while watching a "live" protest on western news on the same spot.

speaking of ze germans, how about this for glorification (just to annoy you a little), the battle of berlin. it actually happened, where would we be without the soviet union and the sacrifice of the russian people. :ROFL:

i dont know anyone that wishes for the old ussr, but i know many that look up to the new russian federation, because things have improved. of course things can get even better, but one thing has to follow another, we cannot warp or timer travel. how do you go directly from restrictive hell to liberal utopia, you dont. the thug is what they need at the time.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
LOL WE DON'T REALLY KNOW, WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO CALL IT EITHER WAY. Get it???

You have a myopic view, I have a broader view. He is a patriot, he is loyal to his country. He remains an enemy to the US though despite everything that has happened since 1991.
Intellectual honesty is lacking in this post. That has become a necessary ingredient in the centrist/right wing worldview though so no surprises I guess.

Techne

Honorary Master
Shempies, the anti-religious bigots, Fake News™, globalists, paritisan propagandists, twatterati etc. really hate Putin.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Sheesh! Now that their back to having a Tzar again... Can they take Communism back as well please? We were doing fine without it. Nobody asked Russia to projectile crap it all over the place and then...

Back to monarchy huh? Aholes.

grok

Honorary Master
i dont know anyone that wishes for the old ussr, but i know many that look up to the new russian federation, because things have improved. of course things can get even better, but one thing has to follow another, we cannot warp or timer travel. how do you go directly from restrictive hell to liberal utopia, you dont. the thug is what they need at the time.
So you saying we should've skipped Mandela and went straight to Zuma? Lots of people also thought he was the thug we needed, and now our country's broken.