Russian Health Ministry plans mass vaccination against coronavirus for October

BBSA

Honorary Master
Russia’s Health Ministry plans a mass vaccination campaign against the coronavirus for October, Health Minister Mikhail Murashko told reporters on Saturday.

"We plan wider [vaccination] for October because we need to launch a new system of treatment gradually," he said in response to a TASS question.

Murashko pointed out earlier that clinical trials of a coronavirus vaccine developed by the Gamaleya Scientific Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology were over.

The vaccination against the novel coronavirus to be free of charge, Health Minister Mikhail Murashko told reporters on Saturday.

"We plan that the coronavirus vaccination campaign will be totally covered from the budget. Accordingly, the vaccination scheme is known to all. It will be planned," he said.

Crowley

Executive Member
Are they at least getting chipped as well or is that reserved for the west?

neoprema

Expert Member
Politics is meddling in the way of science.
I don't like Russia's political stance, I don't like their view on many many things.

BUT, i'm not going to let that make me automatically assume the science behind their vaccine is flawed. We don't know anything about it and they are a very capable country.

There's two sides two every coin. Do you think when USA launches its vaccine China will rush out to buy it? No, because due to politics they'll also think its flawed, not tested properly and so forth.

The best move Russia can make now is to have this vaccine sent to other countries for evaluation. But again, politics and money (Fear of someone stealing it to mass produce elsewhere) will stand in the way. Its irritating.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Most country that can afford it have already started stockpiling vaccines of varying efficacy from the moment they've become available. Even reserving stocks where manufacture has not commenced yet. Often times spending tens of billions of Dollars on single products.
This is why some countries, SA included, were pushing for an equitable distribution based on rainbows and pixie dust. Because we are way back in the line. We don't have any maney. Everything stolen.