Russo-Ukrainian War - 2022 Edition - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetrasect

Executive Member
With all the Botox it's easy to forget Putin is basically her generation.

es-putin-botox-composite-twin-up-inset.jpg

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
I don't normally categorise you with the dumb faction but you're pushing the limits with these comparisons.

1) Taiwan is now not considered a sovereign country but it was the UN representative of China for decades.

2) The State of Palestine is only considered a de jure sovereign country as it has a fair amount of recognition from UN countries.

Donbas is neither, it is legally a province/region of Ukraine (and there have been UN Resolutions affirming the geographical integrity of Ukraine) and is not a country of any sort, just like Bophuthatswana or Venda or Ciskei were never considered as sovereign countries.

The analogy of dombas should be closer to the Sudetenland Germans. The failure of the post Maidan governments to find accomodation with their Russian speaking minorities is what led to the growing resentment in those regions. In contrast Estonia actually respected the Russian minority and isn't being invaded today.

This is hardly rocket science.

Last edited:

Cray

Honorary Master

Norrad

Expert Member
At 12:05 this is what I said:

At 12:09 I responded again to you:

I will ask you to stop communicating with me. OK? I want NOTHING to do with you.
Your times are off for someone claiming to be a Slaapstad doctor :whistling: Just saying buttercup and it's a public forum. I can engage with any poster I want to. Ignore me if you wish.

Grant

Honorary Master
Your times are off for someone claiming to be a Slaapstad doctor :whistling: Just saying buttercup and it's a public forum. I can engage with any poster I want to. Ignore me if you wish.
How is it you are able to defend the murderous actions of a corrupt dictator.

It's rather fascinating to watch people who have much to say about a corrupt anc and zuma, much to say of the corrupt mugabe - but are out in their tinsel and pompoms doing high kicks in the air in support of that lying & thieving piece of crap in Moscow.
There is only one difference between the butcher of moscow and the likes of zuma, mugabe & idi amin - and that is his skin color.
I have no doubt the song and dance in support of the lunatic of the Kremlin would be silent were he black.

Norrad

Expert Member

It's rather fascinating to watch people who have much to say about a corrupt anc and zuma, much to say of the corrupt mugabe - but are out in their tinsel and pompoms doing high kicks in the air in support of that lying & thieving piece of crap in Moscow.
There is only one difference between the butcher of moscow and the likes of zuma, mugabe & idi amin - and that is his skin color.
I have no doubt the song and dance in support of the lunatic of the Kremlin would be silent were he black.
When have I once defended anyone or anything? I am pointing out pure nazi sympathizing and hypocrisy.

Someone posts that Azov are amazeballs; Hitler can be seen as a symbol of peace, love, baby kissing kindness; etc.

Looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck...

For people saying the DPR wasn't a sovereign state, I asked for a definition which @Cosmik Debris and @Mirai said would be UN recognition. Fair enough, but they conveniently ignore the status of Taiwan and Palestine when using that definition. Selective hypocrisy seems to be all the rage at the moment.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
91% of the people of Ukraine voted for independance in 1991. That was from a voter turnout of 84% of eligible voters. Even Crimea voted 54% for Ukranian independance. Sevastopol city was 57%. Every other region voted high 80 to 90s for Ukraine to be independent, that includes the Donbass.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Ukrainian_independence_referendum

In 1994 crimea had a vote that to elect a president that was in favour of being oro Russian.
There were also referendums that followed that the Ukranian government didn't recognize.

Then going back to 1991 makes no sense, back then the Ukranian government wasn't nearly as nationalist and russaphobic as the post maidan government.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
So, you say a revolution isn't violent and a coup has to be violent then? Were the 1917 Russian Revolution and the French revolution non violent? Did you bother to read the link to several non violent coups at all?

Make up your mind and let me know whether a coup or revolution is characterised as violent, nonviolent or can be either?
you've gone from crazy mental gymnastics to violent mental contortions, no need to reply to that until the seizures stop

MiW

Executive Member

I am noticing that Fascism is still appealing to some people here and around the world.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
When have I once defended anyone or anything? I am pointing out pure nazi sympathizing and hypocrisy.

Someone posts that Azov are amazeballs; Hitler can be seen as a symbol of peace, love, baby kissing kindness; etc.

For people saying the DPR wasn't a sovereign state, I asked for a definition which @Cosmik Debris and @Mirai said would be UN recognition. Fair enough, but they conveniently ignore the status of Taiwan and Palestine when using that definition. Selective hypocrisy seems to be all the rage at the moment.

You are well dishonest you.

Reminds me of the kid in debating society who finds a cheap point to 'win' but whose team loses the overall debate.

Cray

Honorary Master

Cray

Honorary Master

I have a query, surely the majority of people within a region should want their own region to be independent as a first step? Do you have any stats that suggest that the majority of the people within Donbas want to be independent?

Norrad

Expert Member
I have a query, surely the majority of people within a region should want their own region to be independent as a first step? Do you have any stats that suggest that the majority of the people within Donbas want to be independent?
True and I never said they were an independent state. Just wanted confirmation on how to define one without being a complete hypocrite.

Cray

Honorary Master
True and I never said they were an independent state. Just wanted confirmation on how to define one without being a complete hypocrite.
It's certainly not a hard and fast term, you are an independent state when most of the world treats you like one seems to be the most commonly accepted current practice.

You can declare yourself as independent as you want but if no one else, especially your original home country refuses to accept that, you aren't independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.