Russo-Ukrainian War - 2022 Edition - Part3

MiW

Expert Member

Yury Shvytkin, Russian State Duma deputy and Deputy Chairman of the Committee on National Defence, has said that Russia should launch a missile strike on the US embassy building in Kyiv in response to the supply of HIMARS launchers to the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Source: Shvytkin in a comment to the Russian media outlet "Lenta.ru"

Quote from Shvytkin: "This (supply of HIMARS – UP) once again highlights the step-by-step movement towards World War III by the United States. It should be understood that we must react harshly. In my opinion, the reaction today should also apply to those countries that supply weapons (to Ukraine – UP).

And this isn’t just about destroying infrastructure or anything, but I think the main decision-making centre is the US embassy. I think that sooner or later it will become a target for the Russian Armed Forces, the national police of the "DPR" and "LPR".

My position is that the government quarter in Kyiv should be destroyed, the relevant locations should be destroyed. Yes, this work is being done by the Ministry of Defence (of Russia – UP) but it is necessary to launch more massive strikes.

We will not simply look at this outrage. When they hit one cheek, we won't turn the other."

Details: Shvytkin is most concerned that when using the HIMARS installation as an operational-tactical missile system, its range will be more than 195 kilometres. In his opinion, the Ukrainian military-political leadership will use these systems to strike the territory of the Russian Federation.

According to American journalists, the US government has decided to provide only the type of ammunition which allows the use of HIMARS as multiple rocket launchers with a range of about 80 km.

At the same time, the Russian deputy boasted that the Russian army allegedly has plenty of air defence resources and electronic warfare equipment that can interfere with American launchers.

Note: Himars (High-Mobility Artillery Rocket System) is a modern, multifunctional complex on a wheeled chassis. The U.S. Army used them during the 2003 Iraq military campaign and the Gulf War.

Background:

Dave

Honorary Master

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
To do that, Ukraine will require the sorts of weapons it lacks in significant numbers. Ukraine’s military will, in short, have to build up the capacity for a large-scale offensive – and at a time when it is losing many of its most battle-tested soldiers. As many as 200 Ukrainian troops are dying in combat every day – that’s 6,000 a month. These casualty numbers would be difficult to sustain for any army, let alone one engaged in a high-intensity, bloody war of attrition against a foe with an advantage in firepower.

Even the western press is waking up to the reality of the situation.

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Aah, I see you still loving posting your favourite pedophile, is he not back in jail yet?

Scott Ritter as you know was the UN weapons inspector who said that there is no WMDs in Iraq.

In this interview he states the bitter truth that Ukraine has an unsustainable casualty rate and that it's losing its most experienced soldiers.

sefeddt

Expert Member
Scott Ritter as you know was the UN weapons inspector who said that there is no WMDs in Iraq.

In this interview he states the bitter truth that Ukraine has an unsustainable casualty rate and that it's losing its most experienced soldiers.
Scott Ritter also clamed it would be over after 10 days with Ukraine wiped out.

Mirai

Executive Member

Even the western press is waking up to the reality of the situation.

Clutching at straws. Op Ed pieces are just opinion.

But the article does not say anything we didn't know for ages. I've been saying here for the past 3 weeks or longer that Ukraine will need more artillery and HIMARS. Mobile artillery, even better.

I'm just astounded by your naivete.

Dave

Honorary Master

Scott Ritter as you know was convicted and spent years in jail for being a pedophile.

Ritter has been out of prison since 2014 after serving 2 and a half years on a 5 and a half year sentence for multiple felony convictions related to child sex.

Mirai

Executive Member
It is getting scarier with these artillery things. I read somewhere (if I had the source I would post it now) that counter batteries respond within 150 seconds (I think it was an article with the problems the m109s were experiencing). I think this is a problem on both sides at the moment. I would guess both sides are now using more SPGs due to counter fire.

I read at least 5 minutes for Russia. That's why mobile howitzers and HIMARS would be king here.

The towed artillery, for trained higly efficacious crews, takes about 5 minutes, but for modern howitzers they can arrive, fire off a volley in under 2 minutes and move off.

Mirai

Executive Member
Not sure how you do it @Nicodeamus, consistently imparting knowledge and wisdom on those who cannot think for themselves. Despite every ad hominem response. Patient man!

With his accurate knowledge of history and eloquent use of fallacies, he supports Russia's war of murder well for those who fall prey to such rhetorical nonsense.

Mirai

Executive Member

The same UN which said that only 26 civilian people died in Donbas in 2020? And most from unexploded munitions. This was surely a reason to invade Ukraine and murder its women and children.

Mirai

Executive Member
With the Russian government statements , news and Russian trolls Every single day is Friday.

Imagine supporting Russia's war of terror and child murder.

It's like supporting farm murders in SA, home invasions, child abuse... things that Ritter creep did.... wait a minute!!!!

And all because US invaded some countries!!! So Ukrainians must die for that because you know Russia did not murder millions of people in the 20th century.

Howdy

Expert Member
Ok, Sollie. Your mischaracterisation in your usual italicism, of what you think I may or may not believe shows how far off the mark you are.
Simple little neat and tidy boxes jumping to conclusions? Unfortunately it does not translate into the real world.

Let's break this down

Sollie? Then mentions mischaraterisations. Starts off projecting ... then continues doubling down:
The fact that Russia gets a pass from you
Where, in which world? I was one of the first to say why I don't like Russia. I even mentioned that certain people don't think like us, have different value systems. I posted meme's about it. But in your view of the world, if you're not with us, you're against us. Strangely a Putinistic view. More projection?

and Narrow about its annexation of Crimea and theft of Ukraine gas resources is clear as to where your bias resides.
What NarrowBand says is his choice. Or is this now a us-vs-them thing? By which rules we have to tell you that you have no voice, just like Nico, because you're not in the Ukraine or South Africa? But isn't that the game your gaggle has been playing since the start of the war with anybody going against your common views? You just declare your own little private war against them. We even have one of your team abusing the report-them to silence them button. How's that for group think? I say sick.

So getting back to supporting Russia: Even another of your team members got so pissed off because I was not willing to take a side, that he posted stuff he deleted later. Your team needs a new STRATCOM.

The half-hearted attempts to deflect from your cognitive dissonance are admirable, but the lack of substance and outright equivocation makes it abundantly clear.
There is nothing half-hearted in my views. The cognitive dissonance is not being spewed across page after page by me.

Anyway, a little challenge: Show where I said I support Russia.

Oh: Italicism is common on MyBB, with special purpose. But lets rather turn it into a conspiracy theory, your favourite: Maybe we are all me! Where we go one ... :giggle:

Can't even use the search button, yet wants to discuss global power politics. Rejected as an Illuminati candidate! Eish, student not acceptable!

Mirai

Executive Member
No, I am just sure you know exactly what I am referring to and have abuse ready to jump me with.

Ah yes Hitler's pretexts. Must have been why Hitler wanted Lebensraum and already had 10s of 1000s of Poles on his kill list he would murder as soon as he invaded. And Germany did not annex any part of Poland.

You failed history in school, didn't you?

sefeddt

Expert Member
Scott Ritter as you know was convicted and spent years in jail for being a pedophile.

Ritter has been out of prison since 2014 after serving 2 and a half years on a 5 and a half year sentence for multiple felony convictions related to child sex.
He's as unreliable as a "source" as you can get, wrong in many of his claims and predictions.