RX 580

Spek

HI guys

i have bought a second had RX 580 4Gig from Carbonite. The guy that sold me the card said its a Rx 580 4Gig and he had used this card for mining, but never change the bios. I had some problems with games crashing like COD Warzone, but that a common problem for everyone that i read on forums. But i played other games like GTA 5 and Assassins Creed Odyssey and it will play finen till the game crash with black screen and noise. So i post my problem on Redit, but only one person replied to my problem that i have with Games crashing and if i look in Event Viewer it will say Faulting application name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e713cb8. The guy on redit said i must flash my card with a other bios because he could have flashed the card for Mining bios. So i tried to flash the card with another Rx 580 4Gig bios with ATIFlash, but it gave me a error " SubsystemID's Mismatch " . I took screen Shots of ATIFlash and GPUz and the card it self, because i needed to replace the thermal paste on it, because i thought it could be the card is over heating and that's why games crash with out errors, except in Event viewer.

So the ATIFLASH says its a 8Gig Bios, and GPUz says its 4Gig. So i am not sure, but if i count the little black squares (assume its the memory of the card) around the GPU's Chip, i count 8. So is this card a 8 Gig GPU?

PC Specs
AMD Rayzen 5 1600
8Gig Memory
A320M - A Pro Max Motherboard
Biostar RX 580 4Gig( What the guy told me and Show in GPUz)

Thanks for the Help

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    982.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    92.9 KB · Views: 51

Lupus

Honorary Master
You'd need to download the correct bios for that card, you can't just flash a random RX580 bios on it. I also bought an MSI Armour from Carbonite it was a mining card, flashed the new bios on it about a month or so later as I didn't realise there was an issue and 95% of my issues are gone. The other 5% are the old i5 in the machine.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Need find right bios and force flash it.

Sometimes it missions as different revisions, took me while g1 gaming and xfx cards, an need use onboard graphics sometimes as cards wont have display.

Spek

Now i dont know what is the correct bios to get. Do i go for 8Gig Bios , like it says on ATIFlash, or is this a 4Gig card like GPUz says.

Spek

So he loaded the 8Gig on the card, and that could be why i having problems with games crashing.

ponder

Honorary Master
Now i dont know what is the correct bios to get. Do i go for 8Gig Bios , like it says on ATIFlash, or is this a 4Gig card like GPUz says.

Are there any identifiable markings/stickers on the back of the pcb or backplate? post them here.
Post what's printed on the memory chips, from that one can determine 4/8gb.
Post a pick of the fan/shroud.
Also is there any writing on the gpu die? post it

Biostar only made one 4gb rx580, VA58D5RV42 with deviceID 0x67df which matches yours, but you never know what people flash onto these cards it could be a rx480 flashed to 580 so just provide the above info.

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
So he loaded the 8Gig on the card, and that could be why i having problems with games crashing.
Yup, cause your system thinks it has 4 more gigs than it has, so it attempts to load the textures which it can't

Spek

Are there any identifiable markings/stickers on the back of the pcb or backplate? post them here.
Post what's printed on the memory chips, from that one can determine 4/8gb.
Post a pick of the fan/shroud.
Also is there any writing on the gpu die? post it

Biostar only made one 4gb rx580, VA58D5RV42 with deviceID 0x67df which matches yours, but you never know what people flash onto these cards it could be a rx480 flashed to 580 so just provide the above info.

Are there any identifiable markings/stickers on the back of the pcb or backplate? post them here. --- There are no stickers what so ever on the card
Post what's printed on the memory chips, from that one can determine 4/8gb. --- On the Chip is say the following
ELPIDA
W4032BABG
-70 F
1719R91RA00

Post a pick of the fan/shroud. ---- Hope the pictures will help
Also is there any writing on the gpu die? post it --- There is no writing at all.

I attached the images, so hope this help

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 2WhatsApp Image 2020-03-24 at 6.38.23 AM.jpeg
    2WhatsApp Image 2020-03-24 at 6.38.23 AM.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture45.PNG
    Capture45.PNG
    522.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 1`WhatsApp Image 2020-03-24 at 6.38.23 AM.jpeg
    1`WhatsApp Image 2020-03-24 at 6.38.23 AM.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Spek

Yes i should have, but the COD Warzone came out, and i played that game, even it crashed allot. Then i read on the forums that every one is complaining about the game, so i never played other game until now recently. So to flash the card hopes it will fix it. And i cant find the correct bios because it says SubsystemID's Mismatch

ponder

Honorary Master
Post what's printed on the memory chips, from that one can determine 4/8gb. --- On the Chip is say the following
W4032BABG
Ok those are 4Gb chips which is 500MB x8 which is 4GB in total so you have a 4GB card.

Post a pick of the fan/shroud. ---- Hope the pictures will help

Matches the VA58D5RV42 which is also the only 4GB rx580 they made. They did not make an rx480 and the rx570 shroud doesn't not match.

Techpowerup has this unverified bios https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/211137/211137 and I can't find any bios files on the Biostar site. Alternatively contact Biostar and ask for the latest bios.

I would try the above bios at your risk with the latest drivers from https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Last edited:

Spek

Ok those are 4Gb chips which is 500MB x8 which is 4GB in total so you have a 4GB card.

Matches the VA58D5RV42 which is also the only 4GB rx580 they made. They did not make an rx480 and the rx570 shroud doesn't not match.

Techpowerup has this unverified bios https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/211137/211137 and I can't find any bios files on the Biostar site. Alternatively contact Biostar and ask for the latest bios.

I would try the above bios at your risk with the latest drivers from https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Hi, thanks

I used that unverified bios that you said i must try. My first time flashing a GPU, but all was success. No errors nothing. I also did a clean install of the new drivers also, and i did n benchmark to see if the graphics is all ok, and so far so good.

So now i just need to test the games and see.

Will keep you up to date how the card is running now

Attachments

• Capture67.PNG
    Capture67.PNG
    71 KB · Views: 39

Spek

Hi , i can confirm with a smile that the card is working fine now. Where i normally had problems with COD Warzone, and i know allot of people also have problems with game crashing, or black screens, or pc reboot. I also had same problems, but after the flash, i play now for hours, and i can go out of the game and back in and play. I see sometimes, i will get a glitch in the game, almost it will hang for a sec or 2, then the cards fan will go up higher, but then the game just go back to normal and i still playing. Normally it will crash the game. GPUz shows my temps are at 60 to 62 with fan on 50%. So no more game crashing but it works.