S5 issues that users want to warn potential buyers about

johnnysims

Hi there, I am unfortunately not yet a S5 owner, but want to get it ASAP ie, when the blue ones arrive.

So what I'm asking is are there any problems experienced by the ones who already got the S5's. If so what is it or has it just been a good experience. Or maybe something on it is a deal-breaker for some...

Let all of us know. Thanks

upup

Executive Member
I see your location is cape town south.
Is that then Robbin island.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Hi there, I am unfortunately not yet a S5 owner, but want to get it ASAP ie, when the blue ones arrive.

So what I'm asking is are there any problems experienced by the ones who already got the S5's. If so what is it or has it just been a good experience. Or maybe something on it is a deal-breaker for some...

Let all of us know. Thanks

I heard that most of the problems is found on the blue ones.

I see your location is cape town south.
Is that then Robbin island.

:wtf: Robbin Island isn't South of Cape Town, It's north of Cape Town

Last edited:
F

Fudzy

I'm actually not that sure what colour mine is, I ordered from Vodacom this morning, I think I might have left it on the gold option :oops:

clint654

Don't buy it on Telkom Mobile. The S5 doesn't work on the LTE band telkom uses (2300Mhz) so no LTE on the S5 on Telkom Mobile. And they won't tell you that until you've bought the phone and ring the helpdesk to find out why you can't enable LTE.

F

Fudzy

Don't buy it on Telkom Mobile. The S5 doesn't work on the LTE band telkom uses (2300Mhz) so no LTE on the S5 on Telkom Mobile. And they won't tell you that until you've bought the phone and ring the helpdesk to find out why you can't enable LTE.

Ah, is that why they are selling the 32GB model.

Joker

Expert Member
Also don't port over to Telkom Mobile for the S5, as you can't receive international SMSes as a ported customer (including google/microsoft authentication sms's). Absolutely ridiculous but there you go.

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
I heard that most of the problems is found on the blue ones.

Something to do with the frequency of the colour and the placement of the antenna... Can't remember exactly. I'll search for the article and post here when I find it

Gt40

I got mine friday from cellucity. And returned it sunday. It was overheating badly.the screen and back got fire hot when I wanted to use camera, got a message can't use flash device too hot.
was told 2 other customers had same experience
will get a new device in 3 to 7 Days..... shocking service

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I got mine friday from cellucity. And returned it sunday. It was overheating badly.the screen and back got fire hot when I wanted to use camera, got a message can't use flash device too hot.

Did you returned it to Cellucity? I'd wager if you returned it to a Samsung shop, they'd swap it out, right there and then.
Only problem I have with that, is that I live about 2 hours drive from the nearest Samsung Care center. Had to specially drive there when my S4 battery got swollen.....no they don't do couriers. Drove 2 hours, 5 minutes to get new battery (maybe even faster), 2 hours back home. Whole trip = 4 hours and 5 minutes.
(PS: Wife pointed out later that the petrol I drove out equals what a new battery cost.)

johnnysims

Something to do with the frequency of the colour and the placement of the antenna... Can't remember exactly. I'll search for the article and post here when I find it

Are You serious? Thought the blue one was just the black one with blue back cover...

Arthur

Honorary Master
I'm shocked that Samsung owners seem to have such a low quality tolerance threshold. Can you imagine the howls of derision and outrage if say Nokia/Microsoft came out with such a device. Is that what SupaPlastic does to one? ;)

tRoN

Executive Member

I heard that's the new feature of the S5. Body and food warmer.
You know samsungs has soooo many useless features.

marine1

Honorary Master
I heard that's the new feature of the S5. Body and food warmer.
You know samsungs has soooo many useless features.

Do you troll every Samsung thread?
Don't be so jealous just get rid of your icrap and get a real phone.