SA’s schoolkids rank second-to-last in the world in maths and science

Lazy

Well that is what you get from a lazy youth who have been brought up with a sense of entitlement!!!
Hey, you can use Lazy with a little bit of respect young man :D

You're spot on with the sense of entitlement, but somehow I think that's a much bigger problem later on than at the [foundation] school level.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
should we not celebrate our participation rather than our placement? isn't that how schools are doing it these days? if we put too much emphasis on where they end rather than praising them for their participation we might damage our fragile children.

moosag

Expert Member
Shocking... Totally shocking... Looks like I am better off home schooling my children lol ? wtf! ? really ?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It would be surprising if SA was any higher tbh. This country has developed an environment where ability is not the primary consideration in judging suitability for leadership and general employment. It would make no sense if this attitude didn't filter down and poison the education system. Only a brain dead government thinks that the solution to a low pass rate is to lower the requirements to pass.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Shocking... Totally shocking... Looks like I am better off home schooling my children lol ? wtf! ? really ?
Most former Model C schools are excellent. Experiencing it for the second time around now (kids starting) I find that the quality of education, specifically the speed at which they have to learn, is at a different level to 30 years ago. Easiest is to check if your school has any SADTU teachers. If it has, run.