SA citizen, dual citizenship, arriving with expired SA passport

The Free Radical

Sorry, but this is complete crap. I travel several times a year to the UK on a South African and British passport. I have never once been asked about my British passport when I return back to South Africa on my South African passport after leaving the UK on my British passport.

They will soon notice no entry stamps in your SA passport in other countries and ask about your other passport.

AchmatK

Executive Member
They will soon notice no entry stamps in your SA passport in other countries and ask about your other passport.
Before my wife got her British passport, she entered the UK with her SA passport and a certificate of entitlement affixed in her SA passport. She had no UK entry or exit stamps in her SA passport. Her certificate of entitlement is her proof of UK citizenship and therefore she is not subject uk immigration rules and uses the line for UK citizens even though she never ever had a British passport at that time.

Not having entry or exit stamps for other countries does not indicate that the person has a second passport.

SDM

I’ve been doing it for 15 years since the rules were changed allowing travel with a foreign passport and have yet to be asked. Even when I arrived back from Dubai 4 weeks ago with a single exit stamp in my new ZA passport from when I left two days before, I was not asked.