SA diplomat who 'trashed' apartment in Vienna accused of causing damage worth R53k in India

kolaval

Executive Member
It shows a lack of consistency across threads, rvZA is super quick to condemn anything ANC-related but is happy to run cover for a dictator in Europe who has ruled for 27 years.
So much of that on rinse and repeat from both sides on these forums.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Getting into DIRCO is an extremely competitive process and they barely even hire so this person had to obviously have had a good knowledge for the work they were required to do.

I'm not excusing the behavior but I think its likely they were going through a difficult period of life or had drug/alcohol problems.

With that being said, US soldiers and politicians have done far worse, why are people using this to paint Africa. Would we do the same for the US or a Western country when their citizens do worse?

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Getting into DIRCO is an extremely competitive process and they barely even hire so this person had to obviously have had a good knowledge for the work they were required to do.

I'm not excusing the behavior but I think its likely they were going through a difficult period of life or had drug/alcohol problems.

With that being said, US soldiers and politicians have done far worse, why are people using this to paint Africa. Would we do the same for the US or a Western country when their citizens do worse?
More whataboutism as usual...and no, this fuknut got this job, 'cos he's connected...NOT 'cos he has any special skills.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
No, DIRCO is a patronage system.
What? Please mention when a US diplomat did so. We are not talking about a random citizen, but someone representing a country as an ambassador.

Flanders

Honorary Master
I'm honestly perplexed. Are we talking a Fear and Loathing scene or the Ruprecht's quarters scene from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?

Mekon

Expert Member
No worries. The little dog turd will be protected by the cANCer because they are after all eternal victims. Taxpayer will cover the damages. Vile little kont

Sollie

Honorary Master
would have been better if he lit a bonfire in the hotel room,
or maybe brought a live cow into the room for "company"
:unsure: :unsure:

Also seems he had better pets.
the walls and floors were dirty and stained with black soot, and the place was infested with cockroaches.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Vuilgat.

K1IOyxoHboLC2i0KdTpt3AbGDqi2KqXr-FY50c62SuYMtG5ddHexKfqbV3X1LvVF2muredKvClwnhK6f0uuQNnw0QjLRz3pSaY4=s207

T_d_T_M

What? Please mention when a US diplomat did so. We are not talking about a random citizen, but someone representing a country as an ambassador.

Not excusing the dude trashing the room, but this comes to mind, quite recently.

American diplomat's wife killed a dude in a car crash and got away scot free

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Not excusing the dude trashing the room, but this comes to mind, quite recently.

American diplomat's wife killed a dude in a car crash and got away scot free
That's a bit different, that's a case of a mess-up of driving on the wrong side of the road/an accident, then using diplomatic immunity to get away with it.
The South African case is not an accident if you trash a living area like that.

T_d_T_M

That's a bit different, that's a case of a mess-up of driving on the wrong side of the road/an accident, then using diplomatic immunity to get away with it.
The South African case is not an accident if you trash a living area like that.
Agreed that the South African case is not an accident, but to respond to your original point - I'm of the opinion that culpable homicide and getting away with it is far worse than trashing a hotel room

T_d_T_M

I don't see false equivalence - you asked for an example where a US diplomat has done worse