SA diplomat who 'trashed' apartment in Vienna accused of causing damage worth R53k in India

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I don't see false equivalence - you asked for an example where a US diplomat has done worse
No, one is a case of someone making a mistake and driving on the wrong side of the road and causing an accident, the other is someone purposefully trashing a place.
The false equivalence is that one was with intent, the other without, and I asked for you to give an example of it done with intent. If you can find a diplomat where they went and purposefully shot somebody, sure, that would be worse, not a case of a traffic accident.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
She's not getting away with it though. Cases are still ongoing.

grok

Honorary Master
Makes the whole country look bad if you behave like that. How is this idiot still employed?
The people tolerate it. Also their kak leaders driving their descent into chaos & poverty. Viva!

I think he represented africa perfectly. A great example of the state of affairs here
Exactly..

According to the apartment’s owner, Karl Widy, as reported in the media, when Nkosi moved out in August 2020 all the electrical appliances in the kitchen were destroyed and all the valuable cutlery was missing.
If you had said South Africa however, it would have had to be bend down as well to be Msansi-inclusive.
Recall the vandal. He has no idea what it means to represent a country. :(
It's ok I don't think the ANC knows either.

T_d_T_M

You not seeing a false equivalence reflects more on you than you realise.
The context of the post was not the intent, but whether or not a US diplomat has done worse.

I would classify a murder far worse than trashing a hotel room.

T_d_T_M

No, one is a case of someone making a mistake and driving on the wrong side of the road and causing an accident, the other is someone purposefully trashing a place.
The false equivalence is that one was with intent, the other without, and I asked for you to give an example of it done with intent. If you can find a diplomat where they went and purposefully shot somebody, sure, that would be worse, not a case of a traffic accident.
No, DIRCO is a patronage system.

What? Please mention when a US diplomat did so. We are not talking about a random citizen, but someone representing a country as an ambassador.

You mentioned nothing about intent. Just wanted an example of someone from the US who has done worse, as a diplomat

vigras rojara

Expert Member
Since when is it OK to trash someone else's place and leave it cockroach infested...? Typical apologist behaviour for people like that!
Obviously it's not OK and is totally scummy behaviour.

I was just ragging OP about his reaction to certain other occurrences.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
So we are exporting our peasantry now.
Being a peasant does not necessarily mean being a filthy pig, soap is cheap and good manners don't cost anything, these are basic human qualities one would expect of anyone representing the citizens of this country abroad.

A vuilgat is a vuilgat, regardless of social standing.

Last edited:

dualmeister

Honorary Master
So even if he is made to pay back the money, it would come from his salary and who pays that?
Ta-da. Thanks taxpayers.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I'm not excusing the behavior but I think its likely they were going through a difficult period of life or had drug/alcohol problems.

If the work is so difficult to get according to you, there are plenty to choose from. Why choose the alkie or druggie? Doesn't DIRCO do background checks before choosing someone that would require a top secret clearance?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
With that being said, US soldiers and politicians have done far worse, why are people using this to paint Africa. Would we do the same for the US or a Western country when their citizens do worse?

References for some incidents please?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master