SA diplomat who 'trashed' apartment in Vienna accused of causing damage worth R53k in India

Sollie

Honorary Master
How is this whataboutism? The poster wanted an example of someone from the US who has done worse.

Nothing about intent was mentioned. Please read :)
If we're going to get into "who is worserer", you'd be well advised to rather put your money on Africa - perhaps quite far south is a good bet. Imagine govt protecting a disGrace who attacks your citizens with electrical power cords. Or covering up for a genocidal maniac like al-Bashir while pissing on court orders and abusing State resources. How far do you want to go?

It's this protector that created Mr Trashy Vuilgat and empowered him.

T_d_T_M

If we're going to get into "who is worserer", you'd be well advised to rather put your money on Africa - perhaps quite far south is a good bet. Imagine govt protecting a disGrace who attacks your citizens with electrical power cords. Or covering up for a genocidal maniac like al-Bashir while pissing on court orders and abusing State resources. How far do you want to go?

It's this protector that created Mr Trashy Vuilgat and empowered him.
It's not about which country is worser. I'm not arguing morality of countries.

The posters wanted a single example of a diplomat from the US who has committed a worse offence. I have provided it.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Surely, the mods have to take action against this for racism?

What makes you say that he has a shack?
I assume that he was referring to the disgusting photographs. I have personally seen shacks that are far cleaner, spotless in fact.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
It's not about which country is worser. I'm not arguing morality of countries.

The posters wanted a single example of a diplomat from the US who has committed a worse offence. I have provided it.
Couple of things completely skewed in your "example" which is not even in the same ballpark let alone the same field as what is being spoken about

1.) A Key point is that Anna Sacaloos is not an American Diplomat.

2.) Her situation was an accident compared to what this moron did intentionally. Was it a bad accident? yes it was but it cannot even be deemed as similar or even remotely close to being the same thing (How you even get to this logic is astounding)

3.)She has not got off Scot free, she is still going through a civil claim by the parents and is actually going to be deposed on the 23rd July 2021 in front of the parents, in order to move forward on the civil claim. so there is still recourse on the accident. The only thing she was able to get away was the immunity of being flown back to the UK. She is still facing trial and action in her own country

The fact that you think you have provided anything of relevance to this discussions with that bad example is worrying and speaks volumes that maybe you have been scraping the bottom of the barrel with trying to find an example from google

vigras rojara

Expert Member
Just like FrikkiFearFokkel Mbalula. Polished a bottle of JW Blue in an hour, tried to play Brett Kebble's grand piano and then tap danced on it. Absolutely no decorum, manners, chivalry nor dignity. But those are Western concepts.
Johnny Depp, Keith Richards, Keith Moon and others notorious for trashing hotel suites clearly have no idea of these "Western concepts" either.

They surely also live in shacks...

vigras rojara

Expert Member
They could buy the hotel and paid for the damage the hotel knew they would be causing allowing renovations for free. Big difference.
Ah, so if the damage is paid for the behaviour is justified.

So if I take a sledgehammer to my neighbour's car and then pay for its repair, that would be an OK Western concept and no problem at all.