SA Election 2019: Results

rietrot

Honorary Master
Large number (not most) of whites in the dorpies don't identify with the direction DA is taking, largely because of what they believe about black people. Spoke to an "entitled" small town types recently about politics and general state of the country and I don't know how many times I heard "I'm not racist but black people can't do this or that...". Of course my aim was to hear his opinion and not change it (I do this quite often actually).
That's not completely wrong. They are just struggling to articulate what they mean properly. Must be a language thing.

rietrot

Honorary Master
The DA ****ed themselves when they formed an alliance with the EFF, the EFF whose leader called for killing of white people... That is when the DA lost the white vote, mostly... I think.
No. People understood that they need to get the ANC out by any means possible. Not making that coalition would have been stupid.

Pitbull

Verboten
Oh, thought you were COPE for some reason. COPE look like they may be marginal for getting a seat.
I was, till I got a call from VF+ and then a call from our local Ward person of the VF+. It's in the thread Ockie created.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
There are different ways to accomplish EWC. The bad one with no court oversight requires 75%.
Yes, But technically they still just need 67% to get this done. ANC will not get 67% vote, But the EFF will definitely stand with them to get the free land....So either-way, if the EFF and ANC together get more than 67% of the vote. EWC goes forth?