SA Election 2019: Results

EADC

Expert Member
There are many other parties using the word christian in their name and mission statement, there are even muslim ones. I don't see you picking on them, if people want to align via a certain religion so what.
Hence I haven't mentioned it before and does form a basis for my criticism

konfab

Honorary Master
Nope It's not very hard people generally don't find things racist when they agree with it.

The VF + looks like you talks like you so you don't see the racism
So what is the racism then?
Oh right. They are white, they want property rights for all South Africans and they oppose affirmative action and BEE. That make them the moral equivalent of people who call for white people to be killed.

ambroseg1

Executive Member
I don't trust the ANC, period...but CR I do, for a few reasons. The DA, hoodwinked me...bought into their We, when ultimately, their we comes with caveats.
I am really not a fan of name calling. Really I am not. But in your case, when you are a called a dumbass, it seems to be fact and not just name calling.

Pitbull

Verboten
Nope It's not very hard people generally don't find things racist when they agree with it.

Because you don't agree with Afrikaner rights to self determination it's racist? :D

Pitbull

Verboten
So what is the racism then?
Oh right. They are white, they want property rights for all South Africans and they oppose affirmative action and BEE. That make them the moral equivalent of people who call for white people to be killed.
Exactly... :D

Solitude

Expert Member

Just because a party is pro-Afrikaner does not make them racist. Their manifesto is one of the most inclusive out there. I would also like to see some quotes that show that the VF+ is racist.

The VF+ is pro-Afrikaner but they aren't anti-anyone else.

The EFF is pro-black and pretty much anti-white.

For instance:
"We are not calling for the slaughtering of white people, at least for now.”
and
"Indian people are worse than Afrikaners "

both said by Malema.

The_MAC

Executive Member
To give Ramaphosa a strong mandate to clean up the ANC. Policy wise, the ANC is still closest to my own views so I'd like to give them a last chance to clean up and root out corruption. Ramaphosa needs the ANC to win by a high margin to secure his position as leader and to demonstrate he has a strong mandate for what comes next
I don't trust him, he is a business man, will do anything for power..

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
To give Ramaphosa a strong mandate to clean up the ANC. Policy wise, the ANC is still closest to my own views so I'd like to give them a last chance to clean up and root out corruption. Ramaphosa needs the ANC to win by a high margin to secure his position as leader and to demonstrate he has a strong mandate for what comes next
Policy wise I can accept.. This ramaphosa mandate nonsense is precisely that, nonsense..

Pitbull

Verboten
I don't agree with putting one person above another purely by language or race

Waits for it.....
Still not racist. Our own constitution currently provides for Enclaves like Orania. Only difference is, the VF+ supports the idea that if a group, any group wants to self determine it should be their right. They are an Afrikaans Party so they will single out Afrikaners

Hamster

Resident Rodent
VF+ voters and EFF voters are the same just because the racist looks like you it's all good.
Yeah. I remember those videos of the VF+ destroying universities, choking journalists, hitting old ladies, throw chairs at the other parties, saying that they're not calling for the slaughter of black people just yet.

In fact, they keep on uttering things like "whites only", "white excellence", "white people" etc.

:rolleyes:

yebocan

Executive Member
I am really not a fan of name calling. Really I am not. But in your case, when you are a called a dumbass, it seems to be fact and not just name calling.
Does really not bother me. Shows inability to articulate or formulate a worthy rebuttal. In addition : people on here really think their opinions matter in others lives. Does not in mine...It is a discourse...that I end, when I have something more pressing to do.