SA Election 2019: Results

konfab

Honorary Master
To give Ramaphosa a strong mandate to clean up the ANC. Policy wise, the ANC is still closest to my own views so I'd like to give them a last chance to clean up and root out corruption. Ramaphosa needs the ANC to win by a high margin to secure his position as leader and to demonstrate he has a strong mandate for what comes next
Ace Magashule (the Messiah's puppet master) thanks you for your loyal and generous support.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Spoke to an "entitled" small town types recently about politics and general state of the country and I don't know how many times I heard "I'm not racist but black people can't do this or that...". Of course my aim was to hear his opinion and not change it (I do this quite often actually).
Robbery, rape, murder, hijacking, corruption, violent protesting, failing infrastructure & services etc. etc.
All things that affect people's lives on a daily basis, and all of these things overwhelmingly have black faces behind them, sometimes exclusively so, at numbers that don't even come close to the per capita demographic spread we'd expect.... yet your answer to the average "entitled" person is that there's something wrong with THEM for noticing it!?

How about we stop treating black people like children and grow the balls to point out that many need to do better? There's literally nothing racist about that even though it sends the average soft lefty in a tailspin.

Also, how about we stop treating people who point this glaringly obvious fact out like they're some kind of nazi scum?

EADC

Expert Member
Still not racist. Our own constitution currently provides for Enclaves like Orania. Only difference is, the VF+ supports the idea that if a group, any group wants to self determine it should be their right. They are an Afrikaans Party so they will single out Afrikaners
What ever makes you sleep at night I will rather not have people in power who only want to look after the people that sound and look like them.

If history is anything to go by it will not end well and is absurd.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
There are many other parties using the word christian in their name and mission statement, there are even muslim ones. I don't see you picking on them, if people want to align via a certain religion so what.
My concern in regard to singling out one subgroup 'in particular' and highlighting one religion as your values then you need to question how they will go about our human rights. Is the FF+ including the LGBT community and will they continue to include them when they are in power for example?

A political party can easily turn heel on their voters once they have received enough power. The FF+ does, to me, look like a political entity who will also allow the church to participate in politics. Yes, much have changed, but we can still decent back into those days. People change their minds everyday.

As a Afrikaner I have it particularly hard to fit in with certain Afrikaner groups. Racist today, saint tomorrow, you know what I mean by that, the holier-than-thou lot, but then you also have some really awesome Afrikaner groups. I just don't like the trailer types and ultra conservative types (and these ones 'in particular' loves to participate in politics), and I don't mean anything ill about this. I was raised to be conservative, but by the right amount.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
That makes more sense than it should. I would pick Ramaposha over Maimane.
Except we don't vote for presidents, we vote for parties.

Voting for Ramaphosa unfortunately also includes a vote for filth like Magashule.

I too would choose Ramaphosa over any of the other options for president, but not at the expense of including all the other scum that goes with him...

Pitbull

Verboten
What ever makes you sleep at night I will rather not have people in power who only want to look after the people that sound and look like them.

If history is anything to go by it will not end well and is absurd.
You can't come here, make such a bold statement, not back it up and tell me: Whatever makes you sleep at night. You are 100% wrong, you have no facts to back it up and now want to downplay your statement...

EADC

Expert Member
Yeah. I remember those videos of the VF+ destroying universities, choking journalists, hitting old ladies, throw chairs at the other parties, saying that they're not calling for the slaughter of black people just yet.

In fact, they keep on uttering things like "whites only", "white excellence", "white people" etc.

:rolleyes:
If your mind can only be critical of one party thats cool, I will be critical of all of those that are racist.

Pitbull

Verboten
FF+ including the LGBT community and will they continue to include them when they are in power for example?
I don't see why not. Even the Churches have changed their stance on Gays and Gay relationships.

Heck, even Ockie voted for them. You guys are trying way too hard to label the VF+. They have never been a racist party, nor do I believe they will make about turns on their promises like the DA and the rest...

EADC

Expert Member
You can't come here, make such a bold statement, not back it up and tell me: Whatever makes you sleep at night. You are 100% wrong, you have no facts to back it up and now want to downplay your statement...
Their mission statement is a testament to it that's a fact it's in black and white how you want to down play it or interpret it is up to you.

konfab

Honorary Master
My concern in regard to singling out one subgroup 'in particular' and highlighting one religion as your values then you need to question how they will go about our human rights. Is the FF+ including the LGBT community and will they continue to include them when they are in power for example?
Golly, if only someone had bought this up before the election...
What is the parties stance on gay rights? - Lauren Hugo, Facebook

Groenewald: We say that they have equal rights like anyone else in SA. I'm the first person since 1994, we had visits of the SA Gay and Lesbians Rights Association visit the portfolio committee I was in - they've asked for equal rights, and I said, yes of course you have equal rights. They came to thank me afterwards. As a Christian, the principle is, love your neighbour as yourself. That is our stance. We have gay and lesbian people who are official members of the party.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...er-groenewald-answers-your-questions-20190503

yebocan

Executive Member
I'm asking an honest question.. What about the anc would make you vote for them at a national level over the da?
Question should rather be, why is the DA no longer your political home...answer : The us vs them narrative, that they willingly, for political expediency deploy so readily. I am backing CR .but in our system..have to accept the party too...

ponder

Honorary Master
To give Ramaphosa a strong mandate to clean up the ANC. Policy wise, the ANC is still closest to my own views so I'd like to give them a last chance to clean up and root out corruption. Ramaphosa needs the ANC to win by a high margin to secure his position as leader and to demonstrate he has a strong mandate for what comes next
Cyril has to follow nec policy. If you think cyril can clean out the rot you are delusional. He did not win the anc election by a big margin, he can't remove people within the anc so they will always be the there plotting, waiting. Cyrils mandate (it's not really his mandate as you vote for the party) will be the lowest in anc history based on current results & predictions. You know who had the biggest 'mandate'? Yes it's that guy that got recalled and replaced with a pos.

Come next election you'll again be 'give them another chance' :laugh:

Pitbull

Verboten
Nope I am just as critical of the EFF but that doesn't suite your narrative does it.
What narrative? Like I said, you can call them racist all you want in your warped little mind. You have ZERO evidence of the sort, so let's just call them racist and hope it sticks! Great little Black Twitter tirade you have going there :D