SA Election 2019: Results

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So it's a simple case of you being uninformed then. No matter, here is the link but I'll quote it anyway:

https://www.vfplus.org.za/who-is-the-vf-plus

They even wrote it in English so it's easy to follow.

EDIT: Unless your native tongue is Shona?
I also don't really know their stance on English,

https://www.vfplus.org.za/2019-election-manifesto

The FF Plus condemns the creeping language imperialism of Anglophiles who want to subdue indigenous languages to English in the name of global trade and traffic particularly in the field of education, but also in public institutions and state departments.
because going by that, English must be secondary? Anglophile, they clearly don't want the English vote.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Does really not bother me. Shows inability to articulate or formulate a worthy rebuttal. In addition : people on here really think their opinions matter in others lives. Does not in mine...It is a discourse...that I end, when I have something more pressing to do.
How can you trust one member of a party and base your vote on that? Especially when evidence and history shows that the party functions according to the will of the majority. Do you at least see why people are calling you names? Do you agree your opinion is flawed?

Cray

Honorary Master
How can you trust one member of a party and base your vote on that? Especially when evidence and history shows that the party functions according to the will of the majority. Do you at least see why people are calling you names? Do you agree your opinion is flawed?
Calling people names is not usually a great place to start if you are trying to convince them that your point of view is superior....

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I said he needs the ANC to win by a high margin to secure his mandate - I didn't say he would get it!
It will make things more difficult for him without it though
Things will be difficult for him with or without a big election win.

If they want him out then he's out. The Zuma faction could easily spin a big victory to mean that the voters have given the ANC a mandate a govern, and not Ramaphosa - and technically they would be correct.

A vote for the ANC empowers them to act as they wish, it doesn't give Ramaphosa any more power than what he currently has...

3WA

Executive Member
Ah crap ANC + EFF = 67%
Don't worry about that, even if those two fall below 67%, there's still a few small parties that favour EWC. Our only hope is that they just do a symbolic change to the wording and then forget about it.

Currantly

There's now ~150k spoiled votes. Are these intentionally spoiled, or are there just many stupid people?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Which makes no sense. You get up early, stand in a queue for hours and then just spoil it?
It's a valid form of exercising your democratic rights.

A voter may deliberately spoil a vote, for example as a protest vote, especially in compulsory voting jurisdictions, to show disapproval of the candidates standing whilst still taking part in the electoral process. ... The validity of an election may be questioned if there is an unusually high proportion of spoilt votes.

3WA

Executive Member
It's a start. Maybe they are smart enough to allocate their 6000 votes to VF+ in exchange for a seat :D
Doesn't work like that. You don't have any negotiating power before you have a seat.

yebocan

Executive Member
People use pejorative language, as they are not able to articulate their position, n/or defend it...trying rather to evoke an emotional response, ....shows the level of intellect you dealing with,when name calling becomes acceptable. As for my political choice : my faith was always aligned with the DA's vision...a rude awakening realising I am enforcing a US vs Them narrative.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
It's a valid form of exercising your democratic rights.
It works in mature democracies, and/or countries where voting is mandatory.

It's pointless in SA where one party is guaranteed around 60% of the vote and everyone else is fighting for scraps.

We need voting to be mandatory in SA before this can be considered a valid option. Will also solve the problem of the lazy arses who couldn't be bothered...