SA Election 2019: Results

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
People use pejorative language, as they are not able to articulate their position, n/or defend it...trying rather to evoke an emotional response, ....shows the level of intellect you dealing with,when name calling becomes acceptable. As for my political choice : my faith was always aligned with the DA's vision...a rude awakening realising I am enforcing a US vs Them narrative.
And the ANC has no such narrative.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
:ROFL: in all the countries where voting is mandatory, the law is not enforced.

And I wouldnt call those countries "mature democracies".
Bolivia, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Greece, Gabon, Guatemala, Libya, Honduras, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
It's mandatory but not enforced. What's the point of not enforcing a law?

Countries where it is enforced include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Switzerland and Singapore. Not exactly schitholes.

Not sure what your point is, and what sort of correlation you're trying to draw about the countries that have this law, but it's irrelevant. We need to do what works for us, and at the moment we need to get rid of the don't-give-a-fsck mentatlity...

Cius

Executive Member
I would suspect most of the spoiled votes are potential ANC voters deliberately not voting ANC, while being seen to walk into the booth for social/peer pressure. It is a form of protest, so I have no issue with it.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I'm still waiting for you to point out anything racist they have said. EFF has a whole list of things they have said against white people. Are thee racists because most of them are white and Afrikaans?, is it now racist to be white and Afrikaans?, If not please show me?
You'll be waiting for a long time. Some people are quick to call racist, not quick to explain why.

krycor

Honorary Master
I would suspect most of the spoiled votes are potential ANC voters deliberately not voting ANC, while being seen to walk into the booth for social/peer pressure. It is a form of protest, so I have no issue with it.
More like in informal settlements, they would be threatened with loss of gov housing or falling down the list if not voting so would show up at voting station for party rep to see them ;)

yebocan

Executive Member
And the ANC has no such narrative.
Look dude/tte we can play this game whole day. End of the day, you have your views , I have mine..informed by our experiences. I will never vote DA again, until they face and address their new base vs old guard internal shitfest, once and for all..and really become that liberal progressive party , that can take the conversation/country forward. In the meanwhile I will support those that I know have the best interest of the country at heart.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Tempers are flaring, I disappear for an hour and you guys have filled this thread with ten pages? What's up, we were nice to each other and getting along, what happened?

You should remember that we are still family after these elections.

OCP

Expert Member
Tempers are flaring, I disappear for an hour and you guys have filled this thread with ten pages? What's up, we were nice to each other and getting along, what happened?

You should remember that we are still family after these elections.
they all forgot to leave their handbags at home....

3WA

Executive Member
So de Lille gets another five years on the tax payer but Lekota and AIC dude may have to find jobs.