SA eyes Chinese firms for 2010

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Like I said, without hijacking the thread, the ANC leadership 12 years ago were ideal, they had not proven anything and were heros of the people, the current leadership has had to prove that they can run the country, they have made some huge blunders, but in the main have done a good job of it, and I guess the voters will decide next elections
I agree with you on all fronts there pal, except that I would go further and say that at least half of the apple today is downright rotten and full of siff worms and should be cut off and thrown away, but another thread entirely.

Nod

Executive Member
I'm not too sure that using Chinese will result in better build quality. Have any of you seen the Chinese build Vodacom building in Maputo?

Sneeky

Honorary Master
Nope, havent seen the Maputo build, but have you seen some of these RDP houses here, is it worse :eek: :D

Last edited:

Tanarri

And the DA led City of Cape Town, shows it's incompetence once again

Talk about organising a piss-up in a brewery, the DA would not be able to find the ****ing brewery
Jy moet eers die moerse balk uit jou eie oog haal voor jy die splinter in iemand anders s'n gaan soek.

I wouldn't care about building a stadium that might get burnt down by barbarians or for a World Cup that's going to be a miserable failure. But since it seems to be the DA's duty, maybe the shouldn't try so hard in distracting them to blame them for this later. LOL

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
The Chinese are pretty good with their construction, and bringing them in would not be a bad thing at all, if any of you have the chance to visit China , Shanghai or Beijing, and see the buildings going up there, especially for the Beijing 2008 Olympics, you can understand why the government considered them.
China whether we like it or not, is probabily going to become South Africa's biggest trade partner, they need the raw material , we need the skills, simple and clear. Their prices are more competative than those of European or U.S. companies, and we get pretty good return on the Rand going that way than towards Europe or the U.S.
Personally i would get them to come in to build houses for the RDP as well, there style of communal housing, that the government builds for their underprivileged, is far better, and very well designed.
In some parts of China, their housing is 5 years ahead of their projected population growth, that is simply unheard of in the Western half of the world.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
I personally think that chinese people know their work, they just don't care about marketing or they don't have resources and abilities to do marketing. we south africans on the other hand, know all about marketing but not much about the work particularly at hand (construction of stadiums).

which one would we rather have, over budgeted contruction performed late and not in line with the specifications or quality stadiums build by the chinese who have experince in similar works and have done it across the world.

i do think that it's a good bussiness move by south africa. I work for a construction company and we are not bidding for any construction work, we'll let the chinese do what they know best and join them at a later stage when similar work to what we have done arises. it's just a pity china was chosen instead of maybe any european country, south africans just don't like chinese and that's probably why this doesn't make sense.
Honestly the mere notion that you work for a construction company is appalling if that is your attitude. We have some of the best construction companies in the world with immense talent. It's just a damned shame we have a lazy workforce.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
And the DA led City of Cape Town, shows it's incompetence once again

Talk about organising a piss-up in a brewery, the DA would not be able to find the ****ing brewery
Wow, You're barking up the wrong tree again. It was the ANC that delayed progress in the WC regarding the stadiums.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
since people seem to be too dof to understand sarcasm, let me explain it fully, Sneeky posted that the Govt was hellbent on sabotaging the DA, now this is funny because it's an argument that the Govt used for the power cuts - remember - My opinions on matters like crime and AA are well known, and therefore I said that the white minority is sabotaging govt.
Bwahahahaha. The power cuts were blamed on sabotage BY THE ANC. A few months later, this was proven by the ANC to be Bull****.