SA falls deeper into junk status

grok

Honorary Master
Haha I was one of those for many many years. Give the ANC a chance, they just need some time.

Yeah well clearly that is not the case, corruption and incompetence is rife and it seems that that trend will continue.

A few years ago I also thought there would be a turning point, and government would catch a wake up... and better SA (for everyone).

For the last 2-3 years , the reality just set in more and more. ANC is in it for the money. They are racist to the core. They don't want to have investors invest here. The lip service is just that. Corruption is approved. No justice. The supporters are blindly loyal...

SA is fcked. There is no hope if the ANC continues to govern. EFF is just worse than ANC.

If I wasn't divorced with kids here... I would leave. But my kids already know, finish school, study and leave. SA doesn't want whites here... and there would be no jobs by the time they finish.
Irony: the racist were right all this time..

Double irony: the ones that believed in a black government will have to bear the brunt of the fallout, while those who wouldn't stay under a black government got out largely intact.

It's almost a triple irony really.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
When you have fckwits like this in charge....

:ROFL: that's a boxing sport rule, personally I've never seen a boxing match where one opponent keeps hitting himself in the face despite the other one repeatedly telling him he'll lose that way ... and then when he finally knocks himself to his knees he moans about the guy warning him it would happen

Milano

Honorary Master
When you have fckwits like this in charge....

That is so typical of trolls, always obfuscating and intentionally missing the point. "We stole and mismanaged all the tax revenue and now you're being mean to us by treating us like some type of credit risk. We have been busy shifting the spotlight on to the 'racist' whites in an irrelevant Cape Town suburb because they arranged an irrelevant private dance. How did that fail to improve our international credit rating?"

It is so Mugabe to imply that credit rating agencies are uncivilised. Like that will help their corrupt cause. First attack the World Bank and now international credit rating agencies.

Milano

Honorary Master
Actually this is getting quite interesting. They must be extremely desperate. Mugabe only resorted to his most outrageous and insane rants once he realised that all paths led to check-mate. They must be beginning to realise they have screwed themselves.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Actually this is getting quite interesting. They must be extremely desperate. Mugabe only resorted to his most outrageous and insane rants once he realised that all paths led to check-mate. They must be beginning to realise they have screwed themselves.
so are we going down the route of Zim and mugarbage?
I shudder to think honestly, such a beautiful Country, ruined.

oh well, nice while it lasted, got my second passport, not the best one, but better than nothing.

R13...

Honorary Master
But did that truly end with Zuma? And did that truly begin with Zuma? You need to have a more thorough honest analysis of the pre- and post-Zuma years.
Have a loot at the debt graph at the link below. Zuma propped himself up by making salaries, benefits, etc a free for all. As long as kept the unions happy he knew they'd shut up about his corruption.

Zophos

Expert Member

Agreed. I also suspect that this is the reason for keeping SAA afloat.

That is part of their quick exit plan. They used it to smuggle billions out of SA, and in the end, will use it to smuggle themselves out....

/tinfoil hat off

Oldfut

so are we going down the route of Zim and mugarbage?
I shudder to think honestly, such a beautiful Country, ruined.

oh well, nice while it lasted, got my second passport, not the best one, but better than nothing.
Absolutely we are - in many details. A heard a Zim Prof today describing ZANU PF as "native colonialists". How apt for SA's ANC regime even though I don't swallow the whole tale (ask Helen Zille).

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
:ROFL: that's a boxing sport rule, personally I've never seen a boxing match where one opponent keeps hitting himself in the face despite the other one repeatedly telling him he'll lose that way ... and then when he finally knocks himself to his knees he moans about the guy warning him it would happen

Perfect summary. Well said.

Milano

Honorary Master
Have a loot at the debt graph at the link below. Zuma propped himself up by making salaries, benefits, etc a free for all. As long as kept the unions happy he knew they'd shut up about his corruption.

The debt certainly sky-rocketed but the culture of wholesale dishonesty and corruption already existed to facilitate his presidency. That is also why the anc were so content to be complicit in keeping him there. And the reason why his accomplices remain in government to this day. Zuma was not some anomaly in the anc.

R13...

Honorary Master
The debt certainly sky-rocketed but the culture of wholesale dishonesty and corruption already existed to facilitate his presidency. That is also why the anc were so content to be complicit in keeping him there. And the reason why his accomplices remain in government to this day. Zuma was not some anomaly in the anc.
But Zuma industrialised corruption and looting. He destroyed any capacity the state possessed and left all doors open for anyone who wished to help themselves. Zuma succeeded Mbeki and he made people fear to be corrupt because of the scorpions. The ANC helped pave the way for Zuma's looting when they scrapped the scorpions .

neoprema

Executive Member
A disease did not cause economic downturn.

Can we at least agree on that?
yes the disease did not, what we did due to the disease, did. Without COVID-19 the travel industry for example wouldn't have tanked into oblivion.

Milano

Honorary Master
yes the disease did not, what we did due to the disease, did. Without COVID-19 the travel industry for example wouldn't have tanked into oblivion.

We would still have been downgraded again this month.